PDA

View Full Version : fMSX F2 key Bug, Cant Play Games!!

Necofurtim
June 25th, 2005, 21:12
I have finally gotten the fMSX emu up and running the Original Metal Gear 1 and 2 on my PSP. Its taken a week, and I still dont know how to get the keyboard.bmp to display tho..

But there is a slight Bug in the Emu and I cannot go about addressing this to the maker since his homepage is in another Language.

http://osakanapsp.hp.infoseek.co.jp/

The Bug I blieve is that the F1 and F2 key do the same thing, which is F2 key acts like the F1 key. So you cannot use the F2 key in any games, hence I cannot select my weapons in MG!!

Help please!

ArugulaZ
June 27th, 2005, 01:38
I can't get the Metal Gear games to run either, but I do have a solution for your keyboard problem. Transfer the keyboard.zip file that comes with fMSX to your PSP, in the folder where the emulator resides (for instance, ms0:\PSP\GAME\fMSX). Now, when you load the emulator, highlight CONFIG and press O. Highlight "Wallpaper Keyboard", then press O. Select the file keyboard.zip, then press O one more time. fMSX is now configured to display the keyboard whenever you press the R trigger.

JR

oatmealbreakfast
June 27th, 2005, 06:56
it should be the f3 key that works for me, f4 is the transmitter

ArugulaZ
June 27th, 2005, 07:07
How did you get the game working, anyway? All I get is a picture of the title screen, and that's it. I'm having great difficulty getting any MSX2 game to start, and I thought I had all the BIOS files in the appropriate folder...

JR

oatmealbreakfast
June 27th, 2005, 07:17
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7232
thats how i set it up, but appearantly it wont run with just solo bios files so i downloaded a pack here, called Required MSX roms. toward the bottom
http://www.classicgaming.com/metalgear/emu.html
dump all the bios roms in the fMSX/BIOS folder and follow the steps i provided for mg1

I do own the original nes version, so I helped my self to what this site had to offer, after all it is hosted by gamespy. how legit can you get?

hope this helps

note: make sure you relocate any of the rom 1 and rom 2 files in case you moved things around, it seems to save a preselected path by default, so make sure you input where everything is at correctly, I forgot to change it and all I was getting was the MSX blue screen cause MG was in a new folder

oatmealbreakfast
June 27th, 2005, 08:07
ok i see what your saying with the gun bug with f2, if you select f2 quickly you can access the menu push the button rapidly it will work, usually when deactivating pause, im sure there is a button combo to access it without pause, i just have to find it, im talking about MG2 btw. or simply remap it in the control config options, that works like a charm :)

Jonesy_47
July 23rd, 2005, 05:46
Yeah, i noticed it usually brings up the weapons menu when you unpause it in mg2. Not so in the original (believe me, ive tried). But yeah, if anyone knows the developer of this, we might want to inform them. It cant be that hard to remedy this. I imagine the fan interest isnt too high tho. More focus on optimization of Super Nintendo and Gameboy Advance emulation ... uggggg .... guess im stuck playing the hacked down original on nes. <<< like i should be complaining. This stuff is sweet. Still, the original would be preferable. Nes version doesnt even have the fire guy boss ... :'(