PDA

View Full Version : PCEP ISO & MP3 Compatibility List.

Bloodsack
June 25th, 2005, 21:51
If you can, sticky this for future games.

Asuka 120 Burning Fest: WORKS

Dracula-X: WORKS

Gate of Thunder: WORKS
This is the US version which has four games in it (Bonk's Adventure, Bonk's Revenge, and Bomberman (hidden)). The CD-Audio seems worse/lower than other games.

Last Alert: SEMI-PLAYABLE; variable CD-AUDIO
Game locks up when you reach the first "boss", right after it finishes playing Guy Kazama's response to the hostage taker--and yes, I am playing this for the awful voice acting. Also, CD-Audio didn't work during the intro; only during game play.

Spriggan: WORKS, but no CD AUDIO

Strider Hiryu: ???
Don't have a working dump of an Arcade Card; but it loads up the "this game uses an Arcade Card" screen fine.

YS IV (translated): DOESN'T WORK
I believe this is because my TOC was for the Japanese version and not the patched English-translated one; anybody know how to make a TOC from scratch?

If I try anything else, I'll try to post my progress. Converting a game into a usable format for the emulator is a lengthy process, given all the steps required (making an ISO, converting WAVs into MP3's, etc.). Still, it's worth it just to relive some of my earlier gaming years.

Dungeon Master: Therons Quest: Works, bad sound in intro, perfectly playable, but savegames freeze, which is fatal.

Cotton: WORKS GREAT.

Super Darius 2:WORKS

jayntampa
June 25th, 2005, 21:54
Works:

Ys Books 1 & 2 (U) works
Godzilla (U) works
Exile 2 (U) works

All with the slightly scratchy, but working audio.

Runs Glitchy:

Valis II - Missing sound during cutscenes
Valis III - Graphics messed up, missing sound during cutscenes.

My ISO may just be bad, but I could not get:

It Came From the Desert (U) to work

If anyone gets different results, please let me know!

ArugulaZ
June 26th, 2005, 00:02
Dynastic Hero: Works, although it can sometimes be difficult to break out of the menu screen once you've entered it. I have no clue why.

Garou Densetsu Special: Requires the arcade card, just like most of the fighting games for the TurboDuo. All you get when you boot it is a picture of Terry Bogard in tears, sitting on a hill overlooking a scenic bridge. Has the TurboDuo arcade card been dumped? I can't find it on any of my favorite emulation sites.

JR

jayntampa
June 26th, 2005, 04:02
Working:

Gain Ground SX (J) - saw no issues
Riot Zone (U) - Plays fine, music works; sound effects seem missing
Sylphia (J) - Plays fine, no music

Glitchy:

Dragon Slayer (U) - not playing vocal tracks (game will pause when characters are speaking, but will then continue - so, just wait, it's not a lock up -- you just can't hear what they're saying). Slight graphic glitches, too. Still, game seems playable.
Lords of Thunder (U) - Loads, music plays, demo plays fine - can skip opening and leave demo through button presses, but you can't start a game. Really weird. Unplayable, but running.

By the way, if someone wants me to try out a game, just let me know! I'll do my best.

jayntampa
June 26th, 2005, 16:32
Today's Tests

Working:

Genocide (J) - Works great, music & sound effects

Kaze Kiri - Ninja Action (J) - Plays great, music works - sound effects seem missing.

Macross 2036 (J) - Works fantastic, both music & sound effects -- unless you call being very hard a glitch ^_^;

Psychic Storm (J) - Works with music and sound effects - high intensity shooter, so there are graphic glitches, but I don't remember if that occurred with the original or not. Very playable, though.

Yu Yu Hakusho (J) - Playable, with music and sound effects. I did have it lock up, though.

KidNiki
June 26th, 2005, 23:56
WoW, you got Macross to work! I dont know if my sound files are worng or what but I get the game to play with no sound, really Sux!!! Plus, I killed my memory card last night. :(

-Remember folks, when you are in the middle of playing a game, its best to return to the PSP browser before shutting the system off, don't do it in the middle of a PSP Genesis session! :rolleyes:

jayntampa
June 27th, 2005, 01:42
I'm so sorry about your card!

A lot of the music files need to be re-encoded. I use dBpowerAMP converter. It's insanely easy to use. You can do it in folder. Just highlight all the music files that need to be converted, right click, and pick "convert to."

It's free, so you can pick it up here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/

It makes prepping the ISOs a lot easier.

ArugulaZ
June 27th, 2005, 04:57
Personally, I've found that CDex works pretty well for this purpose.

JR

jayntampa
June 27th, 2005, 05:56
Working:

Buster Bros. (U) - Game plays perfect w/ music; sound effects missing

Star Parodia (J) - Works Perfect; music & sound effects

Not Working:

Sailor Moon (J)

Sailor Moon Collection (J)

It seems that the ones with HUGE ISO's don't run (like It Came From the Desert)

ArugulaZ
June 27th, 2005, 06:54
I'm pleased to say that Super Air Zonk works perfectly. This more than makes up for Air Zonk, which I've heard doesn't work so well with the emulator.

JR

ArugulaZ
June 27th, 2005, 08:17
Here's another one to add to the "works like a charm" pile... R-Type Complete. It's not much different than the HuCard release, aside from much better music and anime cut scenes between rounds. Still, it plays great, and seems to use more of the PSP's display than other TurboGrafx-16 titles.

JR

Bloodsack
June 27th, 2005, 14:54
Working

Kaze Kiri-Ninja Action(J) Works, music works great, but is missing sound FX.

Sylphia(J) Works with sound FX, but has no music on the levels.

Not Working

Valis Famtasm Soldier(J) works only in the beginning cutscene then stops

Altered Beast CD(J) Stops working halfway through the first level.

Conan(J) Only works in the beginning cutscenes then just stops.

jayntampa
June 28th, 2005, 04:16
Working:

MetamorJupiter (J): Very playable, glitchy sound/music

Not Working:

Motteke Tamago (J): Boots, but locks up when you try to start the game.

asphalter
June 28th, 2005, 10:00
Tokimeki Memorial (J) Works, playable. Introduction music slightly off sync. Large CD-ROM (approx 500MB)

Bloodsack
June 28th, 2005, 10:24
The Dynastic Hero(U) Works good, but missing beginning audio.

Dragonball Z(J) Very glitchy,but works.

Downtown Nekketsu Monogetari(J) Doesn't work.

jayntampa
June 30th, 2005, 02:26
Working:

RayXanber II (J): Graphics, sound and music seem fine!

Glitchy:

Shadow of the Beast (U): Loads, but sounds and graphics errors can make it hard to play

SpecV
September 4th, 2005, 15:52
Working:

Neo Nectaris (J): saving-state in the middle of a battle will sometimes
cause the game to freeze when loading state. better to save-state before
entering the map.

Not Working:

Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire (J): loads up to the screen that says to use the Arcade Card (I did use the correct System Card, tested it on MagicEngine just to be sure and the game runs fine).

Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys (J) [English Translation]: couldn't get this to work either :(

SpecV
September 9th, 2005, 12:15
Not Working:

Exile II - Wicked Phenomenon (US): Audio in the first two cutscenes are out of sync; when pressing 'RUN' to start the game, the game locks up. Could be a bad copy/TOC, so if you have the original disc don't be afraid to experiment!

Bloodsack
September 9th, 2005, 18:55
I hope a pcep update happens soon?