PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial for Pandora (+battery recovery, +autoinstaller link)

acn010
August 23rd, 2007, 20:46
no worries guys!!
ill help you guys out on pandora
i will give instructions step by step so here it is:

1.- connect psp to usb (not bricked) with the retail battery and the MS..

2.- Format the MS via psp or computer

3. - We open a MS-DOS (Start-Run-CMD.EXE) and decompressed in algun accessible place the folder of Pandora.

4. - From CMD, we once made the one of the following image in pandora:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/acn010/2002893276834686710_rs.jpg

and we execute this in order to format the PSP logically. (Being G our unit of PSP)

it will appear the following thing:

You are about to format the drive G.
All data will be lost. Do you want to continue? [Y]

press "y"...

Drive successfully formatted, and partition moved.

and done.

5. - remove the MS and it disconnect connection USB.

6. - again connects the MS by means of connection USB of the PSP.

7. - manually create (New Folder) a folder and subfolders PSP/GAME (or PSP/GAME150 if your fw requires it) in the MS.

8. - Battery copies the folders and to installer of our unloaded pandora folder to PSP/GAME (or PSP/GAME150 in its case)

9. - It copy the EBOOT to updater to firmware famous official 1,50 to UPDATE.PBP to the root of the MS. (You can obtain it already famous and verified here or here)

10. - disconnect connection USB, like in the step 5º (without removing the MS, we needed it)

11. - In the PSP that we have put the previous folders, we loaded from GAME-Memory Stick the application Pandorás Battery Firm. Installer.

press X and it will unpack the archives of the UPDATE.PBP in bin. This will create a file called msipl.bin, which contains the archives of fw of the PSP that we have. remember that this cannot be requested freely, since contains illegal data.

** If by anything process fails, rename UPDATE.PBP to UPDATE (without extension) and try again **

12. - again connect the MS by means of connection USB of the PSP.

13. - Msipl.bin must be inside folder pandora/msinst/, open the CMD instance again and you do the following thing:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/acn010/2.jpg

so that it will copy the dump IPL previously to the MS (being G our unit of PSP) It will give back something similar to this:

C:\pandora\msinst>msinst G msipl.bin
PSP MS IPL Installer
Load IPL Code msipl.bin
241664 bytes (58 block) readed

Target DRIVE is 7
Check partation Sector
boot status 0x80
start head 0x05
start sec/cyl 0x0004
partation type 0x06
Are You Sure ? [Y]
press "Y"...

Write MS BOOT CODE

and ready. MS ready.

14. - disconnect connection USB.

15. - In the PSP, in GAME-Memory Stick, we execute the application Pandorás Battery Creator.

This will allow us to modify the battery.

[ Optional ] Press /\ to do backup of the flash of the battery in a file of the MS; the program will leave and again have to be executed.

This step is NECESSARY if it is wanted to make return to the battery to his original state.

In other case, it is optional. press X in this Battery Creator to transform it into a JigKick. The program leaves automatically.

** Once finalized all this process, you will have a battery of development, to call it somehow, and "a magical" MS, that will serve to open us to the box of Pandora **

The use is very simple, consists of 2 steps:

1. - introduce "the magical" MS in the PSP

2. - introduce the Battery "of development" in the PSP (without cord AC) and ignite the PSP.

specific use: unbricking

1. - copy a UPDATE.PBP (the previous bond) of fw official 1,50 in the root of our "magical" MS

2. - In the bricked PSP, introduce our "magical" MS and the modified Battery.

3. - ignite, and the lights of Wifi+MS+Baterry will ignite temporarily and a menu will appear.

4. - press X and it will do check of the file of update.

5. - press X again (with the new menu) and will write fw 1.50 in your PSP..

its done..... enjoy

please correct if im wrong in any step and ill edit XD
here is an auto-installer on this following link:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72056
way easier for noobs XD (spanish, sorry)

In order to return the battery of Pandora into normal:
Plug the PSP with the connected cable, but with the battery (Pandora) and memory not Once in the XMB, put both (pandora battery and memory) In GAME, execute the Pandorás Battery Creator, firmware installer In the Menu press [] square

alexvander
August 23rd, 2007, 21:11
i havnt tried this yet since i have no need or spare battery but i hope this will help lots of people who dont understand the direction givin in the unbricker

kcajblue
August 23rd, 2007, 22:49
nice tut acn.
this should help a lot of people.

offtopic: nice sig. the video is old but funny.

acn010
August 23rd, 2007, 22:57
your welcome (^-^) lol
and in my sig, i just had to put that on XD

pt9087
August 23rd, 2007, 23:13
Great tut! you should add how to change from service to normal! saves people buying new batterys!

acn010
August 23rd, 2007, 23:48
your welcome

mexicansnake
August 24th, 2007, 05:00
I dongraded 3 psp and recovered 1 with this stuff today :D, it worked like a charm thanx pandora´s coders!.

ian h
August 24th, 2007, 09:22
i changed my battery by pressing x (aka pandoras battery) in the battery creator. my battery did not work but i put the charger in without the battery in run the battery program again when pandora battery creator menu came on i put the battery back in and pressed [ ] and the battery now works! i read that there are side effects after converting the battery back does any1 know what these are?

Prasoc
August 24th, 2007, 12:19
I put the folders into my game150 folder and it says there are no games. wtf??

liampmetal
August 24th, 2007, 12:56
ok ive been tryin this for 6 hours so im just givin up
lol

Sonicboy 101
August 24th, 2007, 12:59
Nice tut acn!
Lovin' the sig btw

jxx2005
August 24th, 2007, 17:31
so i need an UNBRICKED psp
damn
i'll have to borrow my cousins
damn

is there anyway to do it with a bricked psp?

Mr-S
August 24th, 2007, 17:51
so u create the subfolders psp/game into a newfolder??? if so that may explain... my mis attention to detail....
nope wrong still didnt do it. the psp will not let me run the installer apps:@!

xg917
August 24th, 2007, 18:00
I put the folders into my game150 folder and it says there are no games. wtf??

that happened to me too but then i made the game150 folder on my Mac and it started working :eek:

but yea i used windows to make the files and stuff and instead of game150 i used game at that moment.

punkonjunk
August 25th, 2007, 15:37
I don't mean to sound rude,
but I don't understand why all of you keep saying "nice tut"
I absolutely do not understand the way the tutorial is written. It seems like it's written by someone who is very, very, very unfamiliar with the english language. I wish someone could work this out into better english, as I'm having a lot of trouble with this install.
EDIT
After a very large ammount of work and deciphering of this terrible, terrible tutorial, I managed to get it to work.

You need to explain how the pandora data came to be at the location C:/pandora
You need to eplain the CD command and it's usage
Overall, this tutorial is terrible and much more confusing than the readme packaged with the pandora data.
It looks like all the nice tut guys are sockpuppets, or something. I don't mean to be unnecessarily cruel, but this tutorial is terrible. I will try and re-write it for all the english speakers on the forum.

acn010
August 25th, 2007, 17:06
I don't mean to sound rude,
but I don't understand why all of you keep saying "nice tut"
I absolutely do not understand the way the tutorial is written. It seems like it's written by someone who is very, very, very unfamiliar with the english language. I wish someone could work this out into better english, as I'm having a lot of trouble with this install.
EDIT
After a very large ammount of work and deciphering of this terrible, terrible tutorial, I managed to get it to work.

You need to explain how the pandora data came to be at the location C:/pandora
You need to eplain the CD command and it's usage
Overall, this tutorial is terrible and much more confusing than the readme packaged with the pandora data.
It looks like all the nice tut guys are sockpuppets, or something. I don't mean to be unnecessarily cruel, but this tutorial is terrible. I will try and re-write it for all the english speakers on the forum.

atleast you been honest...... lol some people understand it and some i have to personally help them (-.-')
anyways theres an autoinstaller now

Understandable
August 26th, 2007, 18:54
i dont get in the CMD it asks if u want to format the drive i press Y and nothing happens it keep saying <open Error>

Axelius
September 12th, 2007, 20:29
Well I managed it to downgrade my friend's PSP with Pandora...but I wasn't able to recover the battery back to normal.
But thanks for the tut. I didn't know that you may not put in the memorystick on startup when you want to recover the battery: Now it works again...

BTW: Yeah, they say there may be side-effects...but I don't think there will be any...

Broadus
September 14th, 2007, 01:22
English translation, please?

[HP]
September 14th, 2007, 17:10
English translation, please?

Qft! :rolleyes:

Anyways, I have a question...
As we all know, PSP slim and PSP flat have different batteries, is it possible to make a Pandora's battery out of a PSP slim battery?

cmERON
November 3rd, 2007, 22:42
I'm really stupid okay. My PSP isn't bricked but i'd like to downgrade. Does this work for it.
Also
I have only one battery but several spare MS lying around. Is this still do-able.
Any comments or pointers on this would be much appreciated.

factor remix
November 4th, 2007, 20:14
1 battery is enogh, I mean.... use your battery to convert it to pandora and the a.c. adaptor to turn on the psp normally