PDA

View Full Version : Roms for Your PSP Emulators

wraggster
June 26th, 2005, 16:24
The emulation scene has a massive amount of Freeware roms (games, demos, applications etc) to play with and for many who are new comers to the emulation and homebrew world heres some links to Homebrew roms to get you started:

GBA Homebrew Rom Pack - 76 of the best in GBA Homebrew here --> http://gbaemu.dcemu.co.uk/gba_roms.shtml

PC Engine Homebrew Rom Pack - 200 of the best in PC Engine Homebrew here --> http://xbox-emulation.dcemu.co.uk/pcengine-roms.shtml

Nes Homebrew Rom Pack - 117 of the best in Nes Homebrew here --> http://xbox-emulation.dcemu.co.uk/nes-roms.shtml

Snes Homebrew Rom Pack - 255 of the best in Snes Homebrew here --> http://xbox-emulation.dcemu.co.uk/snes-roms.shtml

Gameboy Colour/Gameboy Mono Homebrew Rom Pack - 472 of the best in Snes Homebrew here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/gameboy-gameboycolourroms.shtml

The links above are all Zipfiles with lots of Homebrew Roms for you to try (Not Commercial roms but made by amateur coders and there are many great games)

Also a friend of PSP Emulation news is the <a href="http://www.pdroms.de" target="_blank" >PD Roms site</a> which has a massive amount of Homebrew roms downloadable one at a time. heres a count of their roms:

Arcade (17)
Atari 2600 (32)
Atari Jaguar (11)
Atari Lynx (10)
Coleco Vision (23)
Cybiko (12)
Game Gear (7)
Gameboy / Color (325)
Gameboy Advance (701)
Gamecube (11)
Genesis (7)
GP32 (413)
Intellivision (17)
Master System (17)
Neo Geo Pocket / Color (48)
NES (77)
Nintendo 64 (37)
Nintendo DS (21)
Odyssey 2 (1)
PC Engine (24)
Playstation (7)
Playstation 2 (90)
Pocketstation (1)
Sega Saturn (1)
SNES (23)
Vectrex (8)
Virtual Boy (21)
Wonderswan / Color (13)

Plenty to choose from and some real gems too.

xuphorz
June 26th, 2005, 17:27
no commercial rom sites

ganon
June 26th, 2005, 18:20
notice they are only hemobrew roms so your link sould be taken of xuphorz

xuphorz
June 26th, 2005, 21:25
i deleted this one myself

xuphorz
June 26th, 2005, 21:38
did someone edit my post?
i thought you wanted commercial rom sites :o
sorry about that! :D

Chrone
June 26th, 2005, 21:45
Is there a site that reviews these homebrew roms? I dont see myself shifting through 255 SNES roms to find a good one =/

xuphorz
June 26th, 2005, 21:49
Is there a site that reviews these homebrew roms? I dont see myself shifting through 255 SNES roms to find a good one =/

same here
there are very few reviews here
http://www.zophar.net/roms.phtml?op=show&type=snes
(yes, they're PD, not commercial)

wraggster
June 26th, 2005, 21:52
best thing i can say is try them yourselfs and post any good ones you find.

ALso no comercial roms or sites links etc

This is a thread for promotion of free and legal roms.

Saq
June 28th, 2005, 05:15
there isnt that many psp roms out there yet.. mainly homebrew so far.

zektor
June 28th, 2005, 06:36
there isnt that many psp roms out there yet.. mainly homebrew so far.

What?!?

BlingShyne2 TAA
June 28th, 2005, 09:28
Dude, why do you post this shit?

I downloaded the GameBoy Public Domain compilation by the guy who coded the Rin emulator, there is some ****ed up shit in there man.

One is called Animal XXX, dude, theres a picture of a dog biting a dick. WTF.

Also, Forward XXX shows a chick getting screwed through her vagina, and on the "Backwards XXX" is shows a chick getting screwed through her ass. I thought that was kind of hilarious, Forward and Backwards? get it?

Also, there was this thing on there called "Rape Games" where you push a button to make your character perform an action. In the last one, you have to push a button repeatedly to make a chick give you a handjob, and when you have an orgasm you cut off the chicks face with a Meat Cleaver.

There is some screwed up shit in this Public Doman roms and I am certain that children under 13 download this crap.

I suggest you go through them yourself before posting them.

h3r19
July 2nd, 2005, 14:32
hello.. i have some problem with the PSP emu.. i've downloaded and tested all the emu, but no one could work.. i've put the eboot.pbp to PSP/GAME/rom name (such as: PSP/GAME/RIN).. but,when i entered the game from PSP home menu, there's a PSP logo show out, then the screen turns black for 5-7 seconds, then it goes back to the PSP home menu with message: "THE GAME COULD NOT STARTED [some number there]".. i used PSP ver. 1.5.. please help me to solve this.. if i don't online anymore, please send your advice to [email protected] ... thanks a lot for your help.. god bless ya..!

Cap'n 1time
July 2nd, 2005, 14:58
Dude, why do you post this shit?

I downloaded the GameBoy Public Domain compilation by the guy who coded the Rin emulator, there is some ****ed up shit in there man.

One is called Animal XXX, dude, theres a picture of a dog biting a dick. WTF.

Also, Forward XXX shows a chick getting screwed through her vagina, and on the "Backwards XXX" is shows a chick getting screwed through her ass. I thought that was kind of hilarious, Forward and Backwards? get it?

Also, there was this thing on there called "Rape Games" where you push a button to make your character perform an action. In the last one, you have to push a button repeatedly to make a chick give you a handjob, and when you have an orgasm you cut off the chicks face with a Meat Cleaver.

There is some screwed up shit in this Public Doman roms and I am certain that children under 13 download this crap.

I suggest you go through them yourself before posting them.

... get out.

whats_true
July 8th, 2005, 01:31
I agree. You got major problems even looking at that crap.

How do i install the .gba files (gameboy advance) if there not pbp?

Takean
July 8th, 2005, 04:11
are there any PD roms / homebrew that anyone would recommend? I hate looking through some of the legal roms for snes, tg-16, and Genesis....so i thought maybe I would ask if anyone knows of any that are decent homebrew games. I'm not asking for comercial games...just PD / homebrew games. BTW...i don't want none of that crap that guy was talking about...thats pretty sick...and sad as well. I'm just talking about some decent games.

RedKing14CA
July 8th, 2005, 04:32
thats disgusting the public domain roms! (where can i download it, just to be safe) (JK)

it makes me want to vomit reading about it, you didnt have to go into detail like that bling shyne

Onetonbullet
July 8th, 2005, 08:00
and when you have an orgasm you cut off the chicks face with a Meat Cleaver.

That was the most random, ****ed up hilarious thing I've ever heard...

I mean WTF!!!

RedKing14CA
July 8th, 2005, 08:05
this world is extremely pereverted, how the heck is that funny, raping a girl, and then cutting her face off with a meat cleaver? in a video game!?!?!?

Cross
July 8th, 2005, 08:10
give someone free time and they will do something.. no one ever said it would be...proper....

I am still in aww at what he said, I have n witty response for that because its just wrong and he is right...but then it does also worry me that he played it....