PDA

View Full Version : Nokia holds Matsushita responsible for faulty batteries

Shrygue
August 23rd, 2007, 22:34
via Engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2007/08/23/nokia-holds-matsushita-responsible-for-faulty-batteries/)

C'mon, you didn't think Nokia was just going to sit around with 46 million bum batteries on its hands and not play the blame game, didya?

Reportedly, when Nokia's worldwide CEO Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo was asked whether Matsushita (the batteries' manufacturer) would be held liable for the fiasco, he responded by saying that the firm was "investigating" the issue, and noted "...of course they are responsible to us." Currently, Nokia has yet to divulge what kind of financial impact this whole mess will have on the company, but it's apparently planning to pass along at least some of the connected costs to Matsushita. Furthermore, Nokia's chief refused to comment when asked about the future relationship between the two outfits, but we're sure true feelings will become evident in due time.

ish420ism
August 23rd, 2007, 23:58
OMFG 46 mill. It will be the manufacture's fault on this one. I think Nokia may be able to put financial responsibility on Matsushita, minus the bad image this produces for Nokia. The manufacturer has trained operators and inspectors on the manufacturing line, and for 46 million defective units to have passed inspections, people will be getting fired. Time to recalibrate those CNC's.

VampDude
August 25th, 2007, 01:27
For some reason phone batteries are being made cheaper and cheaper thesedays , it's no wonder why they are "bum" batteries. Just a few months ago I had a dud battery in my brand new Sony Ericsson (which replaced a drowned phone), I swear that companies like Nokia and Sony Ericsson are buying cheaper products and trying to make even more profit.