PDA

View Full Version : some quick questions about pandora

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 24th, 2007, 15:47
1. what is idstorage, where is it located, what messes it up ect?

2. will it work on an UNPATCHED ta-082?

3. will it work with a non sony made battery?

4. can we kill this person??? http://cgi.ebay.com/SONY-PSP-UNBRICKER-PACK-Fix-Bricked-PSPs-UN-BRICK-NOW_W0QQitemZ140151234778QQihZ004QQcategoryZ127752 QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem

5. how does this work???

pt9087
August 24th, 2007, 16:40
1. IDstorage is on nand flash!

2. Yes it will work on unpatched ta-082

3. Im not sure on this one!

4. We will all kill this person

5. The readmes and tutorials say it all!

Is that enough or do you want more details?

xg917
August 24th, 2007, 18:28
-idstorage is something that doesnt get touched unless you used something like key cleaner or the idstorage changer that u mustve used before you downgraded your psp. but that doesnt mean its corrupt.

-yes it will work. it worked for me :D

-not all non sony batteries.. datel batteries work fine.

-that guy needs to die

-simple. read this guide here: http://f6y.ath.cx/pspdev/PandoraGuide.html

there are many other guides but thats the one i used.

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 25th, 2007, 00:14
thanks, but when i asked how it works, i mean like how does the battery make it do this, ect...not like how do u install it.

pt9087
August 25th, 2007, 01:22
-idstorage is something that doesnt get touched unless you used something like key cleaner or the idstorage changer that u mustve used before you downgraded your psp. but that doesnt mean its corrupt.

From what i know of IDstorage if you wipe your whole flash then IDstorage is gone!

Key cleaner was made for permanent damage done from a downgrade, but downgrades dont usually touch the IDstorage! only the Keys!

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 26th, 2007, 01:58
oh ok. anyone know how it works though? like the battery and stuff? kind of the story behind it?

xg917
August 26th, 2007, 02:13
From what i know of IDstorage if you wipe your whole flash then IDstorage is gone!

Key cleaner was made for permanent damage done from a downgrade, but downgrades dont usually touch the IDstorage! only the Keys!

idstorage isnt located in the flash. other wish i wouldntve been able to unbrick my psp because my flash was completely wiped out.

only ta-082 - 086 downgraders have to change one key in the idstorage in order for the psp to run 1.50 firmware.