PDA

View Full Version : wifi help..

shizzle
June 26th, 2005, 22:24
I need some help using my psp wifi. I want to use my psp to access the internet.

I just use neighbours wifi, they dont have wep lol. What do i need to do to make it working, treat me like a n00b in this area so i understand. I know what it means but not how to do it. Help

xuphorz
June 26th, 2005, 22:35
first, push the slider on the left on the PSP up, to make WLAN turned on.
second, i couldn't get mine to work unless the wireless router of mine had encryption disabled. try disabling it on the neighbors router, making sure to remeber the word

next, on the psp, go to Setting -> Network Srttings -> Infrastructure
New Connection -> name it whatever u want (press right on D-Pad)-> on this screen, click Scan at the bottom. It should find one, chose the neighbors router, or the one with the highest signal strength.
choose Easy on next screen
after this save it
your PSP in wirless internet capable! :)
NOTE: there are no current internet browsers for psp :mad:

Jeisu
June 26th, 2005, 22:35
It's simplier than you think. If your neighbor doesn't have the WEP as you claim, you can set it to auto-detect the settings for it. Just go to network settings add in the information and if it gives an option of 'searching' go ahead and search for available networks. If it doesn't require the WEP then you're set from then on, be sure to save the settings too.

shizzle
June 26th, 2005, 22:43
i cant touch neighbours router, he doesnt know im stealing his bandwidth, i would probably encrypt if he knew i was. i can get the signals and settings but when i test i always get the acces point was not detected :(

xuphorz
June 26th, 2005, 22:45
i cant touch neighbours router, he doesnt know im stealing his bandwidth, i would probably encrypt if he knew i was. i can get the signals and settings but when i test i always get the acces point was not detected :(

he might have the router password enabled, if that's so, then it won't work without it :(

shizzle
June 26th, 2005, 23:00
i got connected once , but cant get back again,.

xuphorz
June 26th, 2005, 23:05
i got connected once , but cant get back again,.

connecting to a router causes it to show on the computer a new connection has been established, the neighbor might have seen that and added a password.
try to get friends with him, maybe he;ll let you mess with it eventually

shizzle
June 26th, 2005, 23:17
are there any wifi boosters that u can make at home??

Bluebomber9200
July 7th, 2005, 02:27
Um... does any one know if you can get connected to internet through a dial-up connection

pilonull
July 7th, 2005, 06:41
lol dialup? i didn't know people still used that shiat... no theres no way, lol. get broadband, and a wireless router, and your set, unless you can just steal wifi from your neighbors :) people are dumb when it comes to that, I wonder how many U.S citizens are getting free wifi from neighbors...That's what I use to Download w***z

shizzle
July 7th, 2005, 08:55
lol. i use my own, but no talking about it here its against the rules for some reason. as long as you don't link you'll be ok i guess.

Bluebomber9200
July 8th, 2005, 01:24
I dont know what to do since my neighbor hood doent support brodband or DSL what should I do? :confused:

rest05
July 8th, 2005, 01:35
do you have to have a WIRELESS ROUTER for pvnc like d-link in order for the app pvnc to work for the psp?