PDA

View Full Version : help with maxmedia. newbie

vicks7005
August 25th, 2007, 13:41
Hi im new to all of this and was after a bit of help. i just got a maxmedia player and 4gb card. I plugged into computer and drop and drag some photos, i then went to my ds to open these in pics and can see the file name but when i double click it doesnt open the picture! I have now downloaded moonshell to my computer and saved in my docs. Can someone help me how i can open my pics and use other stuff, do I need to move the moonshell file somewhere else or do anything else with this? Full idiots instructions would be great cheers as I wanna start using this:thumbup:

eomund
August 28th, 2007, 22:38
You need to open the moonshell program in MM to be able to view pics. Or you can get a pic viewing program. I believe there are a couple posted around on this site if you search.

vicks7005
August 29th, 2007, 14:22
cheers the pics still view to big. What do I need to view pics and movies etc, i was under the impression when i brought this media device it was a simple drop and drag and id be able o view pics,movies and music, i take it this is not the case?

eomund
August 29th, 2007, 17:02
Movies need to be converted, either to MAX MEDIA format so the dock can read it, or DPG so the Moonshell program can read it.

The hardware was not meant for watching movies (DS I mean), so it's not just a simple drag and drop. As far as I know no one has made a player that can read straight mpg or avi.

You can get the Batch DPG converter from somewhere on this site, or just go to moonshells home page and get it from there (prolly the easier choice IMO).

Quality isn't that bad either, as long as you don't have subtitles. They're a little hard to read on that puny ass screen. Wide screen movies are a bit tough to see too.

If you want a picture viewer here's one that's supposed to work all right:
http://dl.qj.net/Image-Viewer-v0.5-Homebrew-Applications-Nintendo-DS/pg/12/fid/11445/catid/220

Remember, on the MMD, if you want anything to run automatically put it in the root menu and name it bootme.nds and it will open as soon as you turn the machine on.