PDA

View Full Version : quake

carlitx
August 25th, 2007, 14:13
ok so i decided with all the left over space on my 4gb ms that id put quake on there for some fun. plus the fact that i had just aquired the full version of quake. so now i ask can psp quake even use the full version ID1 folder? or is it just that my psp hates me and wont load cause' it gets stuck at playing demo from demo1.dem........so any help would be nice.

Shadowblind
August 25th, 2007, 14:17
Thisis just a guess from years of quaking, but....

Find the folder with pak1.pak or pak1.pak. Take the .pak(s) from the actual Quake's folder and replace the demo pak in the PSP Quake. Theoretically that oughtta do it....

.pak files seem to be the WADs of Quake.

carlitx
August 25th, 2007, 17:59
ah ic ic ill try it now.

edit, yah i tired that with the pak0 and pak1 but never worked, so i left the pak1 but replaced the full version pak0 with the sw version. now it loads but it still tels me i gotta buy the other lvls, and when i step on the tile to goto the lvl that psp freezes with the ms light lighted up lol

Shadowblind
August 25th, 2007, 18:49
hmmm....try renaming pak1 to pak0 I guess :(

carlitx
August 27th, 2007, 01:11
ill try, but see even in the origonal quake full version runs these two paks in the main folder ill try but i bet it wont work

Dutt
August 27th, 2007, 01:37
hay thats wired mate all i did was move full version .pak fills from pc (both of them) and put them in id1 of psp and it works fine..

carlitx
August 27th, 2007, 17:02
i think i may know my problem and my problem would be that they are the hi res version of quake....gahhhh!