PDA

View Full Version : HOWTO: Upgrade Your PSP From OE firmware to 3.52 M33

kkrizka
August 25th, 2007, 21:04
This is a tutorial that I posted on my blog. It is avaliable here: http://www.krizka.net/2007/08/24/upgrade-your-psp-from-oe-firmware-to-352-m33/

It took me some time to figure out how to install this update on my PSP, because of a small misunderstanding. When you download the Update #4 (M33-4) file from any of the PSP sites, it is not the installer. This file will only patch an existing M33 3.52 firmware PSP with the new version. To save people a lot of work, I decided to write this tutorial which includes all the necessary files in one location. But first we need to make sure that your PSP satisfies the basic requirements.

Make sure you are running the one of the custom 3.x0 OE firmwares (or an older M33 firmware). If you are running the official Sony firmware, check out this forum thread on PSP Firmware Downgrading.
Make sure you battery is at least 75% full. The simplest way to make sure is leaving your PSP charger plugged in during the upgrade.
You also need a Sony Duo Memory stick with at least 128 MB of free space.

First download the Zip Archive containing all the necessary programs for the upgrade. The archive avaliable on this website includes the M33 Creator, 1.15 and 3.52 official firmwares, and the M33 Update #4 patch. They are all necessary for a successful upgrade. You can download it by using a torrent from the following website: http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3783617

Move all the folders in the GAME150 folder to your PSP. They have to be placed in the PSP/GAME150 folder. Next disconnect the PSP from the computer, and look into your application tab in the XMB menu. The application you want to launch is the “M33 Creator”. Let it run for a few minutes, and in the end you should see a message telling you that the upgrader was created successfully. If you only see a black screen for a long time, don’t do anything. This is perfectly OK, because the M33 Creator is doing it’s work in the background.

The next step is to run the actual upgrader. Look into the applications menu again, and you should see another application called the “M33 Upgrade 3.52″. After you have run it, you will be shown a disclaimer and asked to press the X key to confirm. Then after a few minutes (you might just see a black screen again) the upgrade will be completed, and you will have to press the X key again to shutdown your PSP.

Now you have the 3.52 firmware, but you still have to apply the M33-4 patch. This patch will fix any bugs since the original release, and it will introduce a few more features. The procedure to apply this patch is quite simple; just navigate into the applications menu and run the app called M33Update #4. In a few seconds a message will tell you that your PSP has been patched succesfully, and pressing X will turn off the PSP. Finally you have upgraded your PSP to the latest and greatest custom firmware.

mcdougall57
August 25th, 2007, 23:40
nice thread will help a lot of noobz

pt9087
August 26th, 2007, 18:16
You have to update to 1 2 3 then 4 to get the updates from 1,2 and 3.

kkrizka
August 26th, 2007, 19:26
Oh really? I did not know that. I'll add the information to the tutorial, thanks!

kryst abegnalie
August 30th, 2007, 08:40
You have to update to 1 2 3 then 4 to get the updates from 1,2 and 3.

You dont needing anymore the 2 and 3 Updates, and you can skip through updating to M33-4 because:

1. 3.52 M33 is the base update you will needing first (this is the updater for CFW 3.52 , 3.52M33creator)
2. 3.52 M33-4 compiles all updates from 3.52 M33-2, 3.52 M33-3, then add some bug fixes and stuffs in 3.52 M33-4.

So only 3.52 M33-4 update will do in order to get you 3.52 M33-4 CFW on your PSP just like the older firmware 3.51 M33-7. (i've skip M33-2 and I update to M33-3 then M33-4 already, and got no problems.

Qlet
October 25th, 2007, 06:14
the torrent is dead. Is there another way to get that file? Ive got 3.03OE-A . And Im not sure what to do from here to get to 3.71. Thanks

furnaps
October 26th, 2007, 00:10
You need 1.50 Update not 1.15 Then you rename it to 150.pbp

BlacknBlue13
November 23rd, 2007, 18:27
the torrent is dead. Is there another way to get that file? Ive got 3.03OE-A . And Im not sure what to do from here to get to 3.71. Thanks

You'll need to go to 352M33-4 or 3 before you can update to 371M33.

I find that http://dl.qj.net/ is usually a good source for official eboots and custom firmwares, just hit the blue link on the left that says psp, then hit the one that says firmwares, you'll find both the 3.52 files and the update 4, labeled as M33 update 4. Then just follow the how too above.

After that download the 371 custom firmware, from the dax webpage, and the 371 official eboot, from the website above, and put the eboot, named as 371.pbp, into the update folder that comes with the custom download, and put the update folder into the game folder on your psp, and run the update.

In the once the update is done make sure you press x, or you'll get a brick. And there you go, 3.71M33:thumbup:, you can now do the updates off of the DAX website the same way, only you no longer need the 371.pbp in the update folder.