PDA

View Full Version : datel 4GB hdd to compact flash 8GB question

darkfxn
August 26th, 2007, 00:45
while searching around the forums and googling i dont seem to come up with any results no matter the combination of words i use, nothing ever brings up the proper info that im looking for. so, i have the datel drive and an 8GB compact flash, i had installed the compact flash into the device sometime ago, dont remember the firmware i had at the time one of the oe possibly, but it didnt work as it only registered 4, i have the newest 3.52 m33-4, but no chance to try it again and was wondering if anyone else has had any success with this combo? :confused: or maybe a hardware mod solution?

Nicko01
August 26th, 2007, 03:23
I think it needs to be formatted by the psp while the compact flash is in.
Also, i'm not sure if it can use anything higher than 4gb. I dont have one of those, so i can't test it for you.

hacksparrow
September 1st, 2007, 12:34
liksang did a test long before we had cfw, & at that time they did a tear down & placed a 6 gig hitachi into the datel housin, it did not work at it's full capacity... so try to format it with the psp & see your result, & also try to format it on computer usin fat32... do tell on your experience