PDA

View Full Version : Trouble restoring factory defaults in PSP...

Saracchini
August 26th, 2007, 14:24
I´m usig the good and old 3.40 OE and i observed crashes, freezes and some weird things when I´m playing games wich uses the PSP font set (like Dragon Ball Z Shin Budokai). And this morning when i tried enter in System Settings it showed me BSOD and say me "your configuraiton file is corrupted, please press O and... " .
I pressed O and waited PSP restart and restore factory defaults... but in the part which you define your PSP name it shows BSOD screen again ! Fine.. i enabled recovery and deleted config.se in flash1. It passed but the text entry screen (used in browser, etc...) showed me CRAZY letters (not japanese, or chinese, but random things) and freezes .
One more time i deleted config.se and restart... i dont changed the PSP name at this time... it generated the config normaly and again when i went in PSP name setting it showed me crazy letters. I changed the font set to Latin-1 ( my default) and this time nothing abnormal happens... but i´m concernerd... what shoud i do ? Reinstall the firmware ? Format Flash1 ? Anything else ?

Ah.. i dont use custom XBM or another custom things... it´s just a plain 3.40 OE .

I´ll be glad if someone help me .;)

Cloudhunter
August 26th, 2007, 14:32
I´m usig the good and old 3.40 OE and i observed crashes, freezes and some weird things when I´m playing games wich uses the PSP font set (like Dragon Ball Z Shin Budokai). And this morning when i tried enter in System Settings it showed me BSOD and say me "your configuraiton file is corrupted, please press O and... " .
I pressed O and waited PSP restart and restore factory defaults... but in the part which you define your PSP name it shows BSOD screen again ! Fine.. i enabled recovery and deleted config.se in flash1. It passed but the text entry screen (used in browser, etc...) showed me CRAZY letters (not japanese, or chinese, but random things) and freezes .
One more time i deleted config.se and restart... i dont changed the PSP name at this time... it generated the config normaly and again when i went in PSP name setting it showed me crazy letters. I changed the font set to Latin-1 ( my default) and this time nothing abnormal happens... but i´m concernerd... what shoud i do ? Reinstall the firmware ? Format Flash1 ? Anything else ?

Ah.. i dont use custom XBM or another custom things... it´s just a plain 3.40 OE .

I´ll be glad if someone help me .;)

Delete everything in flash1 :)

Cloudy

Saracchini
August 26th, 2007, 15:56
Thanks for the help. The weird letters desapeared !
Sadly... DBZ:Shin Budokai 2 problem (blank dialogs, crashing..) continues.

Saracchini
August 27th, 2007, 12:59
Bad news. Now my flash1 keeps corrupting ! I deleted all the files inside it, but after some time it corrupts the configuration data again. Thing which occcur: screen bright changes suddenly, UMD auto run is enabled , USB connection in XMB throws me an error and BSOD again !

What shoud i do ?

pt9087
August 27th, 2007, 23:11
Just run the 3.40 OE update off the mem stick again! post back if this helps!

Twimfy
September 2nd, 2007, 12:36
EDIT: Best solution.

In the recovery menu format flash 1.

Download the OE recovery pack from this site. Use the recovery menu to reinstall 1.50 then upgrade to M33 3.52...problem solved.

Saracchini
September 2nd, 2007, 14:17
EDIT: Best solution.

In the recovery menu format flash 1.

Download the OE recovery pack from this site. Use the recovery menu to reinstall 1.50 then upgrade to M33 3.52...problem solved.

I used the Flash1 Formatter v2 and the settings doens´t corrupt anymore. :D
Tanks for the sugestion.
For now i´ll not update to M33 until I have a Pandora battery , because dont know no one who has an PS with custom firmware... in case of brick i´ll be stuck with it and no hope to unbrick it.