PDA

View Full Version : Is there any possibility of homebrew on the Wii without a mod chip?

firedragon_jing
August 26th, 2007, 15:55
Right now my Wii is on version 2.2U and I'm holding back from upgrading past 3.0 just for the dream of homebrew, but my News Channel doesn't work and neither does my Shop Channel. Should I continue to wait, or should I just go ahead and upgrade?

I want homebrew on it like I have on my PSP, easy to use and install right on the SD card, but the new firmware blocks out a lot of hacks.

Nicko01
August 26th, 2007, 16:49
you can if you dont care about gamecube homebrew on your wii.

firedragon_jing
August 26th, 2007, 16:57
you can if you dont care about gamecube homebrew on your wii.
Yeah, I don't want to buy the disc and memory card to play Gamecube homebrew, I want Wii SD homebrew

firedragon_jing
August 27th, 2007, 14:00
bump for an answer

the_skip
August 29th, 2007, 21:43
I had an idea for somehow having the wii run without a mod chip. I would sugest the same sorta thing that was done on the ds with wifime except that a program will intercept the wii's request to get the newest firmware and instead of reciving nintendo's firmware it would recive some custom made firmware. Just an idea

Nicko01
September 3rd, 2007, 21:51
no, it would check to see if it was signed first. and that could be done with dns redirection anyway, i think.

firedragon_jing
April 8th, 2008, 16:05
Hah, I posted this half-a-year ago, and now there's a way to run Homebrew off of the SD card, and it works on the latest firmware ^^

Morbeous
May 23rd, 2008, 17:59
how?