PDA

View Full Version : Pandora's Battery... "cannot write system.dreg"

POOKAPOOKAPOOKA
August 27th, 2007, 00:55
I was attempting to unbrick my psp and i was on the last step, but i got this:

Writing ipl... done
Writing files... 100%
Updating registry... cannot write system.dreg

Then the psp just shut off. Does anyone know what the problem is. I followed the directions perfectly and have repeated the process multiple times without any success.

Nicko01
August 27th, 2007, 02:29
system.dreg is just the registry, aka the flash1:, aka the settings.
just start up your psp, you'll get the BSoD, but your psp will work fine.

POOKAPOOKAPOOKA
August 27th, 2007, 03:15
thanks your right. so uh.. what do i do at the BSoD? I keep pressing O and it just keeps giving me the BSoD.

Nicko01
August 27th, 2007, 03:44
try using a different update like 2.0 or something and then downgrade. your flash1 needs to be formatted.... that is a semi-brick if you didn't know.
well, you went from a full brick to a semi brick... lol....

POOKAPOOKAPOOKA
August 27th, 2007, 03:48
sorry, but not sure what you mean by using a different update.

Nicko01
August 27th, 2007, 03:52
instead of flashing 1.50, change the update.pbp to 2.0

POOKAPOOKAPOOKA
August 27th, 2007, 04:16
i tried the 2.0 thing. it still said cannot write system.dreg and i'm still getting the bsod problem.
How do i format my flash1?

Nicko01
August 27th, 2007, 04:20
i dont think you can in your psp's current condition. I reccomend trying to reinstall the memory stick files completely, something might have a problem.

POOKAPOOKAPOOKA
August 27th, 2007, 04:49
when i used the 2.0 upgrade file, i substituted it in only at the end. I couldn't use the file in the firmware installer step because i no longer have access to a working psp and only have the auto installer files. That might have caused a problem, but i dont know. you tell me. Oh, and i just reinstalled the memory stick files for 1.5 again like you said, but no cigar. Thanks a lot for you continued assistance btw.

penileartery
August 27th, 2007, 18:14
i have the exact same problem, hmmmm

POOKAPOOKAPOOKA
August 27th, 2007, 20:12
I remember reading somewhere that someone with the same problem fixed it by downgrading their OE psp, which they had altered their battery with, to 1.5 and then running the pandora's battery program again. Would this help? I need to know before i do it, because i'd have to convince my friend to let me downgrade his psp.

penileartery
August 27th, 2007, 20:27
well, i tried another update eboot and i got nothing but the same problem, im bringing it back to life after a full brick. haha its a semi-brick now. and on 1.5 so i donno what im doing

TrUeJaY
October 6th, 2007, 16:57
try to replace the firmware with 2.71 instead of 1.5.
mail me at [email protected]

hodgy47
October 6th, 2007, 18:07
Use the despertar cementerio from dark alexs site www.dark-alex.org and read the read me and put this on your magic mem stick it will recover straight to 3.71m33

Gene
October 7th, 2007, 02:34
Use the despertar cementerio from dark alexs site www.dark-alex.org and read the read me and put this on your magic mem stick it will recover straight to 3.71m33

This will be you best bet. If your flash1 doesn't write and you get the semi brick again, you can go into recovery and use the format flash 1 option. That will definitely get you somewhere.

POOKAPOOKAPOOKA
October 7th, 2007, 21:57
*sigh* unfortunately, I went ahead and flashed a 1.5 nand without id storage which unbricked it, but then when I went to edit any settings, the psp would rebrick. Anyway, to unbrick it i tried flashing a nand again (w/o idstorage) but I think the nand was of the wrong fw and now pandora freezes up when I go to unbrick. Even with the despertar cementerio...

hodgy47
October 10th, 2007, 00:40
It appears you have a major problem, It may be that you caused a serious corruption to nand or maybe even damaged it beyond repair to stop nand access via pandora, I have unbricked many psp's using pandora without incident however all the files used were the correct ones, I would suggest starting again from scratch with mem stick the whole mspformat & msinst using all the correct files from reliable download sources and then try again if it fails to sort the problem your last resort is either a undiluted platinum mod chip(but if nand is damaged you may not get access with this method) the other and the best option is a new motherboard they are quite low priced now so much cheaper than a new psp.