PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a 2 Player RPG for the Dreamcast...

ClumsyCliff
June 27th, 2005, 02:12
Hello all,

I'm looking for suggestions on a 2 player RPG for the DC.The wife and I are about to finish Champions for the 3rd time and I really want to get onto a DC RPG now. I've got Grandia2 and Skies of Arcadia, but really want a 2 player game.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Cliff

Christuserloeser
June 28th, 2005, 12:39
2 players? Phantasy Star Online v1 / v2 are about the only multi player RPGs for DC I know about, but you need to try Elemental Gimmick Gear by Hudson Soft ('Bomberman Online').
Other than that there are some SNES RPGs like Secret of Mana (aka Seiken Densetsu 2) and Seiken Densetsu 3 (aka Secret of Mana 2) that allow two or even three players at once -you may want to give them a try via DreamSNES.
Info: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/

ClumsyCliff
June 28th, 2005, 15:04
I've got PSO but it's still sealed, so that's not an option for me. EGG I've tried, but don't remember it being 2 player. I think what I'll end up doing is getting the wife to play some single player games and then I'll work on my game more. It's always tough to get much done in the summer, so I don't need any added distractions...

Thanks for your advice on DreamSNES tho, I'll look into that...

Christuserloeser
June 28th, 2005, 16:06
EGG is single player only. Ever tried Bomberman Online, Puyo Puyo Fever or Bust-A-Move 4 ? Highly recommend for multi player sessions :D

Edit: For NeoGeoCD there are a few nice two player games like Puzzle Bobble (Bust-A-Move 1), Blue's Journey, WindJammers, Twinkle Star Sprites (also available for Dreamcast), Neo Bomberman and Magical Drop 3. Try Neo4ALL and NeoDC :)

Same for SNES: Magical Drop 2, Super Bomberman 1 - 5, etc dozens of nice multiplayer games

FrierTuck
June 30th, 2005, 18:22
yay, EGG is my favorite DC game