PDA

View Full Version : How do you do this?

machoman_93
August 27th, 2007, 23:37
Hi, I just got a psp and its 2.82 official. How would I downgrade to 1.5? Which custom firmware is the best? What are the best homebrew and how do you put it on the psp? and what exaction is flashing? Thanks.

mike_jmg
August 28th, 2007, 15:20
if you're already on 2.82 you'll need to have an unpatched GTA Liberty city stories (the one with the 2.00 upgrade), this is for 3.03 downgrader

or any lumines I game you can find for a 3.50 downgrader

since there's no downgrader for your psp version, you'll have to update to any 3.03 or 3.50 firmwares, depending on wich game you can get more easily

Custom FW I'm on 3.52 m33-4 wich is the latest one and I really like it, some say it's buggy but the only thing is that you cannot have a custom battery icon (well, you still can if you modify the files with the 3.5x ones) but thats all

Best homebrew: there is too many opinions but in mine, gPsp (gameboy advance emulator that runs fullspeed), snes9xtyl (snes emulator), an Hp 48gx emulator and many more.
As for installing, the files go on the ms0:/PSP/GAME150 folder

Flashing: is writing files to the psp's internal memory, not memory stick, so if you mess up with this, you may end up bricking it

But don't worry, since now there is a battery that you can make to unbrick any psp