PDA

View Full Version : SWF Opener DS

sonikku88
August 28th, 2007, 03:11
Could somebody please find a way to port the awesome SWF Opener to DS? I've been wanting to watch flashes on the move for ages, but there haven't been any decent flash players for portable devices.

DanTheManMS
August 28th, 2007, 04:23
The DS isn't the most powerful device ever. The farthest anyone's got is http://natrium42.com/blog/?p=36

sonikku88
August 29th, 2007, 02:50
The DS isn't the most powerful device ever. The farthest anyone's got is http://natrium42.com/blog/?p=36

Yeah, but if the DS can play videos, surely it's not that hard to make it play SWF files too. Can't a plugin be made for Moonshell or something?

DanTheManMS
August 29th, 2007, 23:25
Videos and SWF files are completely different things. A flash file is more like a set of instructions for the flash player to interpret and follow, whereas a video file is just a series of images with audio in the background. Think of a SWF file as sheet music for the DS to play on the spot, rather than just playing back a recording of an already-made work of music.

sonikku88
August 30th, 2007, 21:13
Videos and SWF files are completely different things. A flash file is more like a set of instructions for the flash player to interpret and follow, whereas a video file is just a series of images with audio in the background. Think of a SWF file as sheet music for the DS to play on the spot, rather than just playing back a recording of an already-made work of music.

Ah, I see. That would explain it. Maybe the best way to watch flashes on my DS is to convert them to a video format like WMV or AVI and convert that to DPG and watch them on Moonshell. The only problem is that their file sizes would be bigger than when they're SWF files.

cas2007
September 1st, 2007, 19:21
i want to play flash games on my ds if i saw that then i would be amazed

GRVeee2
May 31st, 2008, 05:12
i want to play flash games on my ds if i saw that then i would be amazed
Seriously a little line rider or maybe N+ oh wait they're already coming out for the DS :P

Danief
June 2nd, 2008, 03:49
doesnt have dldi patching.... dang it.

DanTheManMS
June 2nd, 2008, 07:18
DLDI is only needed when the program requires filesystem access. The DSFlash demo does not require filesystem access at all, and to the best of my knowledge it should run on any homebrew device.

Danief
June 2nd, 2008, 17:20
its not working on my gnm...

DanTheManMS
June 2nd, 2008, 18:13
It's not really worth it, so don't bother. It opens up fine in no$gba if you want to see what it does, but unless you really want a soundless Trogdor on your DS I wouldn't bother.