PDA

View Full Version : My Max Media Player keeps freezing

Losercat
August 28th, 2007, 09:48
I turn on the DS and the front screen with the health and safety message just freezes. I only got it today, my one is the Media Player with 4gb HDD that you plug into the GBA slot.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

eomund
August 28th, 2007, 22:35
Do you have a passme device? It's a cartridge that goes into slot 1 to bypass the routine and go straight to slot 2.

What is the 4gb card format? It HAS to be FAT or FAT16. If it's neither of these it just wont work.
If it isn't you can just format it in windows by right clicking, select format, and choose format type. You have to chose full format too, or it won't work.

Hope this helps.

Losercat
August 29th, 2007, 14:01
It says the file system is FAT32 and the only other option is NTFS.

I'm not sure what a Passme is either. I have the Hard Drive in the GBA Slot (slot 2, I'm guessing) and it came with another cartridge that goes in slot 1.

bah
August 29th, 2007, 14:20
Can you even format a 4GB card into FAT16?

On XP it only lets me choose FAT32 for my 4GB memory stick in my PSP, the 1GB card I have lets me choose FAT(16) or FAT32.

EDIT: It seems with a larger allocation unit size you can have it in FAT16, not sure how you force windows to do it though.

EDIT2:
Try going to computer management (right click my computer, manage)
Choose disk management down the left hand side
Select your memory card (will be labeled removable)
Right click it and choose format, click yes to the loosing data on the drive warning
It should then let you choose FAT(16), you will probably get a warning about it not working on earlier versions of windows because of it needing a larger allocation unit size, click yes.

Hope that works for you, cant guarantee the max media player thing will see it.
Google is your friend.

A passme is a slot 1 (DS) device that allows software stored on a slot 2 (GBA) device to run using the DS hardware rather than just the GBA part.

eomund
August 29th, 2007, 16:48
You don't even have to go through all that trouble.

Just right click it from 'My Computer' and click format. It'll give you the same options. At least mine did. Like I said, you have to do the full format too, not the quick one.

bah
August 29th, 2007, 18:20
It says the file system is FAT32 and the only other option is NTFS.

I thought that meant the standard right click/format wouldn't work like it doesn't on a 4gb MSPD and XP pro for me. If normal formatting worked, why the thread?

*shrug*, you seem to know more about the cart than me from your post in this guy's other thread. :)

Memory card readers are probably different to accessing it via the PSP I guess.

Losercat
August 29th, 2007, 19:12
No, thanks for the advice! I changed the format to FAT (it didn't say FAT16 just FAT), but it got rid of ALL the files on there. I'm just going to try and replace the files on there

bah
August 29th, 2007, 19:30
Hahaha.

Yes, formatting a drive will do that.

Losercat
August 29th, 2007, 19:33
Yeah :P

But something weird just happened. I was just looking on the Codejunkies website and then I went back to the Hard Drive file and it contained loads of empty protected files I can't delete or go into. -_-

I can't create any new files either, I'll ask my dad just in case he knows what just happened.