PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy a NES?

gdf
August 28th, 2007, 19:33
I will have some money soon when I start my job, so I'm going to buy a NES after I get my XBL annual subscription out of the way. Where is the best place to buy? Please bear in mind I'm in the UK...

SnesR0X
August 28th, 2007, 20:08
Flea market, Garage sale, ebay. Those are your best bet. If you only want the nes itself, it's quite cheap.

If you are looking for it with more, ie) Box, Games, other, then you'll have to pay a good amount more. I personally got my nes at a garage sale for 5 bucks, two controllers, and Mario Bros/Duck Hunt.

VampDude
August 28th, 2007, 20:25
I will have some money soon when I start my job, so I'm going to buy a NES after I get my XBL annual subscription out of the way. Where is the best place to buy? Please bear in mind I'm in the UK...

Free Ads (the yellow paper)

eBay

Local Games Exchange store

Charity Shops (I walked past one the other day and saw a SNES with Mario All Stars + Street Fighter for £12 in the window)

Boot Fairs / Boot Sales (or whatever they're called)

BrooksyX
August 29th, 2007, 08:43
Garage sale is going to be your best bet.

DarthPaul
August 29th, 2007, 09:57
The place to get a NES? At my house.

Shrygue
August 29th, 2007, 14:47
I saw one up for sale at a Gamestation in Woolwich a few days ago, can't remember the price though...

VampDude
August 29th, 2007, 16:03
I saw one up for sale at a Gamestation in Woolwich a few days ago, can't remember the price though...

I would say that it would be the price range of £24.99 to £29.99, Gamestation are known for over charging. In November of 2006 they were giving £23 as the trade value for a NES console according to THIS PAGE OF SITE (http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?showtopic=142753&st=0), my guessing is that the price (to buy) in Gamestation hasn't dropped whereas the price to trade has? Gamestation are always my last resort for buying games, though I got Virtua Cop II a Gun and a Official Saturn Backup Memory for something like £15 a few months back (which was quite good) :)

gdf
August 29th, 2007, 17:05
I buy most of my games from there, as in 360 and PSP, in general they have better prices than game. Some retro stuff is way over, probably because they are the only high street chain with old systems.

VampDude
August 29th, 2007, 17:11
I buy most of my games from there, as in 360 and PSP, in general they have better prices than game. Some retro stuff is way over, probably because they are the only high street chain with old systems.

They are I believe, I prefer smaller and local game shops as they hold retro systems/titles and don't charge as much as Gamestation.

Lycan_Ste
August 29th, 2007, 23:47
Ebay or car-boot sales or even the bargain pages and put a wanted in there, try play.com for games or game.uk.com

Triv1um
August 30th, 2007, 00:17
gamestation is your big cheese for retro consoles.