PDA

View Full Version : BSoD Problem... Need to format flash1

POOKAPOOKAPOOKA
August 28th, 2007, 23:10
I just attempted to unbrick my psp using pandora's battery and now I get the BSoD whenever I turn my psp on. If I press O, the psp just restarts and gives me another BSoD. (Sorry I didn't say that part of it earlier) I've been told i need to format my flash1. Is there anyway to do this?

Xiofire
August 28th, 2007, 23:17
I heard if you replace the update on your memory stick to 2.00, and do the process with that, it formats the flash1 during install. Im not 100% certain however, may want to wait for further confirmation.
-Xiofire

POOKAPOOKAPOOKA
August 29th, 2007, 00:31
I heard if you replace the update on your memory stick to 2.00, and do the process with that, it formats the flash1 during install. Im not 100% certain however, may want to wait for further confirmation.
-Xiofire
I have already tried replacing the update on my memory stick with 2.00. However, I only did this for the last step. I have not had the opportunity to use the 2.00 eboot when running the firmware installer because i don't have access to a working psp anymore. Would I need to do this for it to work?

Xiofire
August 29th, 2007, 00:49
I havent done the process myself, but thats what i heard, instead of running it with 1.50, you use a 2.00 update. Im not entirely certain. It cant brick it more than it was can it? lol
-Xiofire

pt9087
August 29th, 2007, 23:57
lol press o when you see BSOD

POOKAPOOKAPOOKA
August 30th, 2007, 06:09
lol press o when you see BSOD
When I do that the psp restarts and shows me the BSoD again. Don't act like everybody's too stupid to follow written instructions.

Anyway, its a lot to ask, but is there anyone who would be willing to run the install firmware program on their psp using the 2.00 update and send their generated files to me? I don't have access to a working psp right now and probably won't for a while so this would be a really big help. If you are willing to, tell me, and I'll give you my email.

penileartery
August 30th, 2007, 06:13
make a nandimage.flash of someone elses 1.5 then go to restore from it....without idstorage, it should work just fine, thats how i fixed that problem, PM me if you need anything winkwink

sourced
August 30th, 2007, 07:02
When I do that the psp restarts and shows me the BSoD again. Don't act like everybody's too stupid to follow written instructions.

Anyway, its a lot to ask, but is there anyone who would be willing to run the install firmware program on their psp using the 2.00 update and send their generated files to me? I don't have access to a working psp right now and probably won't for a while so this would be a really big help. If you are willing to, tell me, and I'll give you my email.

i don't think someone sending you their files will work. to my knowledge, the files in the psp's flash1 and flash0 are fingerprinted or sumthin like that which means that every psp has the same file but its unique to every different unit.

and btw, doesn't a BSoD always show up after downgrading? :confused:

bigred969
August 30th, 2007, 08:37
i had that same problem too. I used the nand from another 1.50 psp and flashed it to my brick psp that had the same problem with the BSoD repeating. Now it works fine

pt9087
August 30th, 2007, 15:39
I'm just going to pretend like no one ever posted such stupid advice.

Wow your very greatful!

BTW we get alot of people asking questions on here and sometimes when they see it they panic and take the battery out!

You cant run a backup flash onto another PSP, as mentioned above! you will cause more problems for yourself!

POOKAPOOKAPOOKA
August 31st, 2007, 02:37
Wow your very greatful!

BTW we get alot of people asking questions on here and sometimes when they see it they panic and take the battery out!

You cant run a backup flash onto another PSP, as mentioned above! you will cause more problems for yourself!

I changed what i said nearly as soon as I posted it because I realized it was a bit harsh. I'm not sure how you read it... I was just annoyed by the "lol". Whatever its not a big deal. Thanks for bothering to post at least.

i don't think someone sending you their files will work. to my knowledge, the files in the psp's flash1 and flash0 are fingerprinted or sumthin like that which means that every psp has the same file but its unique to every different unit.

and btw, doesn't a BSoD always show up after downgrading? :confused:

You create the files on a different psp in the first place. I don't see how it would be any different. And my particular problem is that when i press O, the psp restarts and gives me another bsod.

Cloudhunter
August 31st, 2007, 03:16
Yes, if you got a 1.50 nand dump image and flashed it without storage it'll work.

The 1.50 firmware isn't checked against each PSP, unlike in latest firmwares.

Cloudy

LilSwish722
August 31st, 2007, 04:18
uh...actually...i have a bricked PSP and i ran the unbricker and when it was finished my backlight didn't evn show uup anymore. so i got a backup NAND from someone, and flashed itm, and it does the same thing.

POOKAPOOKAPOOKA
September 2nd, 2007, 05:14
If anyone has a 1.5 nand dump image, it would be really great if you could send it to me. If you are willing to do this, please pm me. thanks a lot.

kiel allman
September 3rd, 2007, 16:42
when you said can someone send me a flash dump if someone has sent it to you can you send it to me plz @ [email protected]

thanx

POOKAPOOKAPOOKA
September 4th, 2007, 00:09
when you said can someone send me a flash dump if someone has sent it to you can you send it to me plz @ [email protected]

thanx

No one has sent it to me yet, but if anyone does, I'd be more than happy to send it to you.

If i ran pandora's battery on my friends psp would I get the same problem or is it just with my psp?