PDA

View Full Version : PSP: unable to turn on

Chronicle_Chaos
August 29th, 2007, 05:25
hi, I have a psp ver. 3.40 OE-A with a 2 gig memory stick. It has recently been unable to turn on whenever it is in sleep mode, as the first time it happened, I had to take out the battery before it would finally start. However, i just got a 4 gig sandisk memory stick which i transfered all my files over to and tried it on my psp. After about 2 full power downs to get to the recovery menu to change the prx settings, it always turns off about 4 seconds after turning on. It would reach the sony entertainment system image and then go to the xmb, but before the actual options (game, music, video, settings, internet) appear, it shuts off. It also does the same when i go the recovery menu except that it goes about a second longer before it turns off. I'm currently charging it now to see if that will help but so far it still shuts off before i can do anything. Does anybody know what the problem could possibly be?

Tetris999
August 29th, 2007, 05:53
hi, I have a psp ver. 3.40 OE-A with a 2 gig memory stick. It has recently been unable to turn on whenever it is in sleep mode, as the first time it happened, I had to take out the battery before it would finally start. However, i just got a 4 gig sandisk memory stick which i transfered all my files over to and tried it on my psp. After about 2 full power downs to get to the recovery menu to change the prx settings, it always turns off about 4 seconds after turning on. It would reach the sony entertainment system image and then go to the xmb, but before the actual options (game, music, video, settings, internet) appear, it shuts off. It also does the same when i go the recovery menu except that it goes about a second longer before it turns off. I'm currently charging it now to see if that will help but so far it still shuts off before i can do anything. Does anybody know what the problem could possibly be?

re-flash your firmware

see what happens

ICE
August 29th, 2007, 06:01
always try this with these weird problems. in flash 1 delete config.se and see if that fixes it. that tends to fix a buch of stuff.

Chronicle_Chaos
August 29th, 2007, 19:08
The problem is that the psp automatically shuts off before I can even do anything...

i'm not sure whats wrong with it but i found a temporary solution but i still don't understand how it works: I basically have to hold the left d-pad until it goes to the xmb, then it scrolls all the way to the settings and then i have to just go up and down the options for a few seconds, 'cause if i don't it stays on longer but it still turns off.

That gives me more time in the xmb but the problem is still there. Also that i can't do this in the recovery menu as there is nothing to scroll along to keep it from restarting so i won't be able to access my flash properly.

pt9087
August 29th, 2007, 23:23
always try this with these weird problems. in flash 1 delete config.se and see if that fixes it. that tends to fix a buch of stuff.

This will not work lol!

You have a dodgy battery! i suggest buying a new battery!

If you have tryed pandora battery this may be the problem!

ICE
August 29th, 2007, 23:26
This will not work lol!

You have a dodgy battery! i suggest buying a new battery!

If you have tryed pandora battery this may be the problem!

at one point i was playing a umd and it froze and shut off and my psp wouldnt go to xmb so i went to recovery and deleted config.se and it fixed it. thats why i suggested it.

pt9087
August 29th, 2007, 23:30
lol!

That happens! its a minor bug! even if you didnt delete config.se it would of booted after you restarted!

Config.se is configuation settings!... configuation in recovery mode! this is need to be deleted if your configuation in recovery has a problem... crashes!

No disrespect! :thumbup:

ICE
August 29th, 2007, 23:34
lol!

That happens! its a minor bug! even if you didnt delete config.se it would of booted after you restarted!

Config.se is configuation settings!... configuation in recovery mode! this is need to be deleted if your configuation in recovery has a problem... crashes!

No disrespect! :thumbup:

i know what it is.. and it didnt boot after leaving recovery the first time or the 2nd or 3rd until i deleted config.se and then everything worked fine.

pt9087
August 29th, 2007, 23:37
Your PSP is wierd then! Very wierd! config.se has nothing to do with loading UMDs! its a settings file!

Kool dude! i want your PSP! :P

ICE
August 29th, 2007, 23:42
Your PSP is wierd then! Very wierd! config.se has nothing to do with loading UMDs! its a settings file!

Kool dude! i want your PSP! :P

i didnt mean that it wouldnt load umds after it crashed. i meant when i turned it on the green light blinked and the nothing happened. looked very bricky but i knew better than that lol. so i went to recovery and left like 3 or 4 times and it still wouldnt turn on so i deleted that and it fixed it.

pt9087
August 29th, 2007, 23:55
Lol wierd! i never heard of that before! that could nearly be impossible! it wouldnt effect the booting of the PSP!

:thumbup:

Chronicle_Chaos
August 30th, 2007, 23:07
well, before i posted about my problem, I also tried booting the psp without the battery, direct from the AC adaptor and the same thing happened.

I also can't access/(partially don't want to mess around) the flash1 because it still shuts off in the recovery so i'd only have about 2 seconds before my computer recongnizes the drive but by then it would shut off. Therefore, I don't want to try to delete it while my psp might shut off automatically in the middle of it...

fuitsuranu4
August 31st, 2007, 16:50
My PSP has the same problem aswel,it happened yesterday so i used pandora's battery to fix it and re-updated but the problem still occured. does anyone have any ideas wot the problem could be?

fuitsuranu4
August 31st, 2007, 17:25
actually i just manage to fix my problem. it seems that my plugins were corrupted so i deleted them. Try that on yours.

Chronicle_Chaos
September 1st, 2007, 04:06
Actually, I recently did the same thing (well...i just disabled them) and it seems to be working. Although it still happens sometime from a coldboot but i just have to hold the L trigger button when that happens, but its still rare compared to before (about 1/10 times).