PDA

View Full Version : wii died, suggestions?

bielecki2
August 29th, 2007, 10:59
howdy, bought my wii on launch day in australia (my birthday, total fluke, just walked in and they had one at local k-mart) anyways, its got a wiikey, only gets played say an hour or two a week, on a wooden surface in stand, weather is cold.

the other day i went to turn it on and it wont work, tried anothr power outlet and still nothing, not even the usual "wii is off but with power" red light. everything else plugged in around it is alive

any suggestions on what to check to maybe restore life?
cheers fellas

MasterMunt
August 29th, 2007, 11:52
Have you checked the fuse in the plug? I know its somthing small but it can be the problem (hopefully!)
Otherwise I have no other suggestions. Good luck though!

bielecki2
August 29th, 2007, 14:13
where is this fuse? inside the grey power cable? or inside the wii???

MasterMunt
August 29th, 2007, 15:41
its inside the grey power cable, where the prongs are to plug it into wall.

Man
August 29th, 2007, 15:49
Did your system auto update ? because iv heard of chipped wiis being bricked by the new wii firmware. i hope its just the fuse though.

VampDude
August 29th, 2007, 16:24
howdy, bought my wii on launch day in australia (my birthday, total fluke, just walked in and they had one at local k-mart) anyways, its got a wiikey, only gets played say an hour or two a week, on a wooden surface in stand, weather is cold.

the other day i went to turn it on and it wont work, tried anothr power outlet and still nothing, not even the usual "wii is off but with power" red light. everything else plugged in around it is alive

any suggestions on what to check to maybe restore life?
cheers fellas

You I believe have a bricked Wii, and since you have it mod-chipped is now rendered useless (as Nintendo won't replace or bother with it being chipped).