PDA

View Full Version : Streets of Rage 2 on XBLA

Shrygue
August 29th, 2007, 16:17
via Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=82291)

This week's Xbox Live Arcade update turns out to be a double-header, with SEGA's Streets of Rage 2 joining Capcom's Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix on virtual shelves.

The latter we dealt with yesterday (and PS3 fans can expect it tomorrow), while the cheaper Streets of Rage 2 deserves a little illumination.

As you can probably surmise, it's the second game in SEGA's scrolling beat-'em-up series, and the Major Nelson blog reveals that it supports two-player action locally and over Xbox Live, as Axel, Blaze, Skate and Max Thunder try to take down Mr. X.

Doing so will cost 400 Microsoft points (GBP 3.40 / EUR 4.65), or you can download a trial version and have a crack at that first.

Elven6
August 29th, 2007, 16:29
Alright! Their are so many cool Sega games on XBLA arcade now, do bad I can't track down any points :(

gdf
August 29th, 2007, 16:47
Yes, just the tonic. Streets Of Rage= WIN.

beetroot bertie
August 30th, 2007, 13:26
I was just wondering. Are these Sega games on XBLA arcade ports or megadrive/genesis versions that are emulated?

Ta.

Amorrn
August 31st, 2007, 03:19
This is my absolute favorite Genesis game. It's a wonder that it has taken so long to go on XBLA.

pibs
August 31st, 2007, 04:04
Great, now I have to buy it!