PDA

View Full Version : Enough of the Retro!

talonreaper
August 29th, 2007, 18:48
Why is EVERY homebrew devvy on the scene developing a game that has already been made, on some archaic system?! Even emulators! Who needs/wants a Amstrad or an Atari emulator anyway? I recognize the time and effort they put into these, but frankly, couldn't they be doing something more productive to the homebrew scene? I think the game side of the homebrew scene isn't doing so well.

Less Ports!

Now discuss or whatev.. er.

DanTheManMS
August 29th, 2007, 23:30
And in today's lesson, we discover that not everybody feels the same way about things. Many people do appreciate the retro games and enjoy playing them on their DS systems.

DevKitARM is right over this way if you wish to contribute your own game. >_>

eomund
August 30th, 2007, 00:48
I liky da retro :(
In all seriousness though, most of these games are games we grew up on and want to be able to play again.
Besides most of these old games are still fun.

JKKDARK
August 30th, 2007, 00:57
Why is EVERY homebrew devvy on the scene developing a game that has already been made, on some archaic system?! Even emulators! Who needs/wants a Amstrad or an Atari emulator anyway? I recognize the time and effort they put into these, but frankly, couldn't they be doing something more productive to the homebrew scene? I think the game side of the homebrew scene isn't doing so well.

Less Ports!

Now discuss or whatev.. er.

Tell us your homebrew projects then

Jahed
August 30th, 2007, 23:51
I think people make homebrew retro games simply because it doesn't take as much work.

I for one ain't complaining. Retro games have their perks.

::Xraxa, plz:.
August 31st, 2007, 00:54
Speaking of retro, a SnoodDS id be nice.