PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Good Megadrive Emulator

Shadow2by4
August 29th, 2007, 20:56
I'm running a version 2.71 PSP (I'd downgrade, but I can't really work up the nerve... I"m scared I'll brick mah baby >.<) with eloader .995 Kriek edition. Is there a megadrive emu that works on that and has all the basics? (Sound support, six button pad support, smd and bin loading) I tried DGEN but it seems to crash whenever I load a game...

kryst abegnalie
August 30th, 2007, 07:48
I'm running a version 2.71 PSP (I'd downgrade, but I can't really work up the nerve... I"m scared I'll brick mah baby >.<) with eloader .995 Kriek edition. Is there a megadrive emu that works on that and has all the basics? (Sound support, six button pad support, smd and bin loading) I tried DGEN but it seems to crash whenever I load a game...

Even on the official upgrade there's a chance of bricking. Well I dont know what firmware you use now. If it is custom firmware 2.71 SE, check if you put it to the right folder. I put it in GAME150 folder and make sure you put it all the files in this folder.I am currently using DGEN in my 3.52 M33-4 CFW and all the games i run here works fine, and not afraid if my psp will brick. There's now the Pandora's Battery, so you should not be worry in bricking.

bah
August 30th, 2007, 10:52
kryst abegnalie: He's running official 2.71 (said he was using eloader to run homebrew).

Now with the pandora's battery release you can restore your PSP if your brick it. You just need to know someone with an already downgraded PSP to make you the battery/memory stick.

You should really at least downgrade to 1.5, and perhaps then update to the custom firmwares if you wish.

Shadow2by4
August 30th, 2007, 20:00
kryst abegnalie: He's running official 2.71 (said he was using eloader to run homebrew).

Now with the pandora's battery release you can restore your PSP if your brick it. You just need to know someone with an already downgraded PSP to make you the battery/memory stick.

You should really at least downgrade to 1.5, and perhaps then update to the custom firmwares if you wish.

Well, as long as I can unbrick my PSP if something goes wrong... Now, if I downgrade to 1.5 and then up to dark_alex's 3.03oe, can I still run games that need 2.60, such as megaman powered up without using any homebrew? And will I still have to use eloader?

bah
August 30th, 2007, 20:15
Yes you can run any PSP games you have and run any homebrew without eloader (you run it straight from the game menu).

The custom firmwares basically combine the homebrew-friendliness of firmware 1.5 with the ability to run the latest games/use the features of the recent firmwares.

3.03oe is old, there are much more recent ones (by team M33 based on Dark_Alex's work). Someone will add a link to the latest, I still run 1.5.

Shadow2by4
August 31st, 2007, 00:49
great =3 Now if somebody could just link me to all the stuff I'll need to downgrade to 1.5 and then up to 3.40oe(I saw it on dl.qj.net) like a downgrader, the 1.50 eboot, the 3.40 eboot and the custom firmware thinger?

kryst abegnalie
August 31st, 2007, 02:44
great =3 Now if somebody could just link me to all the stuff I'll need to downgrade to 1.5 and then up to 3.40oe(I saw it on dl.qj.net) like a downgrader, the 1.50 eboot, the 3.40 eboot and the custom firmware thinger?

Hi,

try the all new Pandora's Battery, they say that its unbricker and a downgrader also, that will let you get your firmware back to 1.50 official firmware. From there you can choose whether you will be updating to OE or M33, ( I suggest 3.40 OE and 3.52 M33 CFW, they are nicer and more homebrew friendly firmwares, and I will edit once i found the link to the forum of those two firmwares. BTW, they are still on the News forum, i will check it out where it is.)

Shadow2by4
September 2nd, 2007, 02:19
Cool, I'll be waiting on the links x3 Thanks. *looks at your siggy* D: I want a 4gb memstick too.... but when I got my psp from the pawn shop for 120, they didn't know a 1gb was already in there, so I did get a good deal :D
EDIT!!!: I managed to downgrade to 1.5 then up to 3.40oe-a =3 I am officially happy with my psp >.< Now I just need to wait for a good emu to come out for wonderswan, n64, neogeo...*goes on listing systems for hours on end* and I"ll be set :D