PDA

View Full Version : PSP Solitaire v1.00 Released!

Me33
June 28th, 2005, 05:57
This is the release thread for PSP Solitaire.

From the readme.txt:

This game is a classic clone of single card draw solitaire designed to run on PSP.
Nothing too fancy -- it is just to get people interested in the psp homebrew scene

Yes, even you can make your own games -- its not too hard (SEE BELOW)

One other thing.. if you run across a problem with the game
send me a /msg on irc and tell me whats wrong. Bug reports
are what make games better! My nick is always 'Me33'

Installation:

Download is available below

Be sure to read the whole readme.txt -- Esp if you are interested in learning to make your own games..

-Me33

HyperG
June 28th, 2005, 06:06
This game runs great both on the psp emulator and the hardware. Great work, glad to see more homebrew for this handheld each day.

Riotz
June 28th, 2005, 16:57
Good job

Drift
June 28th, 2005, 23:03
Nice one, I'll give this a try :)
Any chance of getting the 3-card draw variation added too?

Me33
June 29th, 2005, 05:07
I'm not sure if I'm going to add on to this project right now. I'm going to focus on getting a website up that helps people get a PSP Dev environment setup & then have tutorials online.

The PSP Scene really lacks any one centralized learning point. Hopefully I'll be able to get this site up soon to help people learn to code on the psp from scratch. (Really it sucks having to read like 5 different psp forums (on different sites) just to hope you catch something helpful with your coding) -- And still there are no tutorials or starting points.

And if my idea blows over then maybe I will go work on more solitiare :)

Cya, Me33

MSX
June 29th, 2005, 06:17
Me33, I just sent you a PM :).

The game is great, :).

Dark_God5555
June 29th, 2005, 15:13
My PSP Keeps on saying " THE GAME COULD NOT BE STARTED " (80020148)

NOTE***

I HAD VERSION 1.51 But Deleted The Update to play the me but it sill didnt work!!!! PLEASE HELP

Dark_God5555
June 29th, 2005, 15:23
Sorry For The Typo... *** I HAD VERSION 1.51, But I DELETED THE UPDATE BY GOING INTO PSP/GAMES on MY COMPUTER.. SOLITAIRE STILL DIDN'T WORK... IS IT BECAUSE I USED TO HAVE VERSION 1.51... WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MSX
June 30th, 2005, 01:27
Once you've upgraded to 1.51, you can't downgrade, so just hope and wait until someone finds a way to exploit 1.51/1.52.

Good thing I didn't update :D

Parqer
July 1st, 2005, 09:13
Me, I have a 1.5 and the files included in the 1.5 folder didn't work as they were originally named. Not sure if others had the same problem or not. I renamed the first folder to Solitaire(32 spaces)1 and the second folder to Solitaire1~1 and it worked fine. Not a big deal but if anyone else was having a problem, there you go.

Great game also.

Me33
July 4th, 2005, 05:33
Hmm thats odd. Maybe the zip got the names messed up - No biggie. Anyone else have that problem?

Xarius
July 24th, 2005, 21:12
Great game! Now I can take my addiction on the go without needing a deck of cards and a table :P

Bugs I've noticed:

-When you're draging a stack of cards that cuts off at the bottom of the screen, the cards wrap around to the top

- When a game is won, the "Deal Again?" window can't be clicked on. The cursor goes under the window.

Terry01234
July 27th, 2005, 14:54
Its not working for me! i got 1.50 but it says game can not be started :(

Sauron96
July 28th, 2005, 08:53
This needs an updates with a 3-card flip version; single draw is TOO EASY....and boring...

Also different 'skin's for the cards

And either generic music or selectable mp3 play

Xarius
August 1st, 2005, 16:23
Hey Me33, if you intend on releasing a newer version of this program, let me know. I'd love to to some graphics for this.

Me33
August 9th, 2005, 19:09
I've been looking for someone to do some graphics for it. (Thats pretty much why I haven't touched it since the release) -- But if you are still interested let me know. Find me on EFnet nickname Me33 #xfactor -- and if i'm not there tell another op such as mike that you are still interested

This msg goes out to anyone that thinks they could help, too :p

Xarius
September 2nd, 2005, 00:45
I've been looking for someone to do some graphics for it. (Thats pretty much why I haven't touched it since the release) -- But if you are still interested let me know. Find me on EFnet nickname Me33 #xfactor -- and if i'm not there tell another op such as mike that you are still interested

This msg goes out to anyone that thinks they could help, too :p

Apparently my help is not wanted O.o

I got on IRC and checked back several times a day for almost a week. Me33 never once was on, and I got banned today for some random, unknown reason.

SpecV
September 6th, 2005, 09:26
I got Solitaire v1.00 up and running on my 1.50, man this is cool. There's really not that much to improve on graphically. The only changes I see that are needed are enabling the analog stick, option for 3-card draw, and maybe skins for the deck of cards. Keeping this game small in size is a definite plus, saves space on my MS!

Me33
September 20th, 2005, 19:33
Xarius: Sorry about that. College has been consuming all my time lately and I don't get on IRC much. (It also doesn't help that EFnet appears to be blocked from campus inet.. go figure) -- I've pretty much decided not to continue solitaire at this point. The game is good enough as it is (as someone else pointed out.) I made my own copy with analog support and a few other changes.. so if anyone is desperate for it let me know and I'll try to package it up for you..

-Me33

wraggster
September 20th, 2005, 19:52
a new version would be sweet :)

Cap'n 1time
September 20th, 2005, 22:29
I personally thought this was a bit too buggy to be a 1.00 version.. graphically it needs some work.. and there are bugs like the one xarius mentioned. This is a must have on psp... but it needs some work imo. dont let anything offensive i might have said offend you... i just woke up and i have no idea if its early morning or late night...

Xarius
September 20th, 2005, 23:30
Out of boredom, I made some card backings. I think it would be sweet if users could change backgrounds either in-game or by choosing which file to include in the game like the PSP chess game does. Also included is a new, properly aliased cursor. The current faces of the cards aren't bad but I do have new versions of those if you want them.

http://mheiniger.com/stuff/backs.jpg
http://mheiniger.com/stuff/faces.jpg

Oh yeah, and a version using the analog stick would be a wonderful change. Using the D-pad is a total pain, even with the 'slow down cursor' button.

Cap'n 1time
September 20th, 2005, 23:39
Personaly.. i wish it didnt have that slow curser at all.. I just wish it would automatically move to a card.

wraggster
September 21st, 2005, 02:01
those graphics look great ;)

Xarius
September 21st, 2005, 03:42
Thank you sir.

They're nothing compared to what I'm working on (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=10958) now ;)

Cap'n 1time
September 21st, 2005, 03:52
so then i guess your hinting at a new project.. cool.

Ill ask because i worked on a UT2k4 tc mod that FAILD. I was wondering if you modeled that X thats in your avatar. It could have used some extra work, but i think its cool :)

Xarius
September 21st, 2005, 16:33
Yeah, I modeled him about a year ago. Unfortunately due to windows being retarded I only have renderings of it (both w.i.p and finals). The 3D file is kaput, so any re-working I'd like to do on it would not be possible without starting completely over from scratch :(

Me33
September 22nd, 2005, 03:15
Ok guys! I'm convinced.. I'll try to release a new version soon that fixes/adds the things you've mentioned. I guess I never really considered a snap-to type of cursor.. but that may be a good idea? I kind of like being able to move the cards around the screen though..hmm.. maybe it will be both ways.

If you guys have any other ideas let me know.. (I don't think I'll add in 3card draw quite yet.. I barely have time to even use my computer let alone add in larger features.. but maybe...hmm, i should be studying right now..)

I'm trying to contact Xarius about using his card designs right now...

-Me33

wraggster
September 22nd, 2005, 07:14
good man :)

squ1rl
December 27th, 2005, 03:40
Hi, I have version 2.6 on my PSP and the games always comes up corrupted, i.e. is there anything I can do to play the Solitaire?

AlanSmithee
August 24th, 2006, 23:11
Great game release
-Me33
Hey there me33 i really like your sollitaire and i really hope to see more progress on it. I hope you get your website up & running!

I'm an graphical designer and i really would like to upgrade the images on your sollitaire if thats possible.

I hope to hear from you soon

sinserly,
Alan Smithee

snafu1983
June 15th, 2009, 10:50
Hi,

Has any body got this working on 5.00 m33-6?