PDA

View Full Version : Wchich emulators should i use?

kickasspats
August 31st, 2007, 23:05
Well ok, i have a white DS lite, and i got a R4 card with 2 1gb micros, what i want to do mainly is play emulators on it. NES,SNES,GENESIS,GAMEBOY COLOR/ADVANCE, and SMS

so a few quesitons. I want to know which emulators i should use for each system. and if they are playable or not.
Also, i know that the R4 cant play GBA Roms but is there an emulator i can put on the R4 to let it be able to play GBA Roms?

Thanks alot : )

Mr_Biggs
September 1st, 2007, 00:02
aight, take a listen:
NES: PocketNES
SNES: SneMulDS
Genesis:jEnesisDS
GB/GBC:Lameboy
SMS: DSMasterPlus

As for GBA roms, you can't use em on a slot one card. there hasnt been an emulator developed for DS and i dont know enough about emulation to say yeigh or neigh on the idea. so if you want GBA, you're gonna need a slot-2 card.

anywho, have fun and don't forget to DILI patch as needed!

kickasspats
September 1st, 2007, 00:23
k thanks alot MR Biggs, but one more question while im here, what is a DILI patch? lol

Mr_Biggs
September 1st, 2007, 18:25
A DILI patch allows DS homebrew to access and create files on a flashcart, and to do other things. It's like a driver that windows would need to use new hardware.

To DILI patch a nds file, you'll need a patching program for windows, assuming your R4 doesnt automatically do it for you. if it doesnt, i'd reccomend downloading DILIrc. all you have to do to patch a file when that is installed is double click on the .nds binary and it patches it for your card. simple, no?

kickasspats
September 1st, 2007, 23:49
can u give me a link to DILIrc, i cant seem to find it, and yes, i used google

Mr_Biggs
September 2nd, 2007, 01:16
http://psychowood.altervista.org/getDLDIrc.html

there ya go.

DanTheManMS
September 2nd, 2007, 04:56
Note that you want NES DS, not PocketNES. PocketNES is the one for the GBA, which you can't run on your R4.

If you want to add GBA support cheaply, consider the $20 EZ-V 3in1 expansion pack. It takes a bit more effort that some of the more expensive slot-2 devices, but it will give you GBA compatibility, Opera RAM support, and Rumble functionality for a cheap price.