PDA

View Full Version : The Tiny Towns suck Rant...

shadowprophet
September 2nd, 2007, 01:24
I go today to my local outlets. I look for bioshock. "of course I knew it was in vane"
In my little town all we have is a little store called sam goodies "which usually has the rare imported stuff" and a wal mart.

now understand that im not an asshole, But Its almost like the game market is set up to ship all these shit games that no one would want to these small towns like mine. I asked the chick working electronics if they have bioshock for the 360, She of course had no clue. I doubt she even knew she was at work. "!@#$%^&* air head" anyway Like an asshole on a mission. I asked to speak to the manager. " your probibly saying to yourself, damn shadows an ass, and you would be right. But trust that this isn't one of those situations" the local wal mart in my little town, Has just the rudest people with the most incompetent staff i've ever ran across- half the clerks don't even know how to run their registers. So I ask the manager if they have bioshock for the 360. he of course tells me and I quote. " you asked to see the manager to ask about a game?... seriously?"
At this point. I decide to leave before I lose my cool completely.
" seriously you guys, you really have no idea. This little tiny town only has so many places to shop- so this particular wall mart has a if you don't like it lump it attitude about them, you would have to experience it to believe it" I leave kindly and not really that pissed about it. Im quite used to it, really. anyway I go to sam goodies. Its a different story there. They seem to like peoples money. and enjoy the fact that people come to shop there" much nicer place, Anyhow. they said they don't have it yet. and usually they don't get newer titles until about a month after they release. This of course was disheartening. However I was just so happy to be dealing with nice people by that point, That I left the store a happy man.

Still back to my original point. It does seem that these little towns that aren't even on the map get all the shit games. and it does seem like that's a market strategy to me.

"give the small towns the shit games they wont know any better" Well it makes me sick.
Anyway. I know by this point your thinking a lot of things, probibly not the least of which is, damn shades haven't you ever heard of ordering online?.

Of course I have. Im just a very impatient man. When I want something. I don't want to have to wait for it to come in the mail. Or have to pay nearly twice as much to have it the next business day. When I decide I want something even if its 3:30 in the morning. I will get up get out of bed. Go to the store and pick it up. that's just the way I am.

Anyway, Im sorry for the long pointless rant. Im just a little pissy today. I want my bioshock damnit!
Still, my over all point was made. So this goes out to all my peeps from tiny tiny towns. Does it seem like your getting the short end of the stick too when it comes to hot releases?

I gotta know if its a conspiracy,

Shades

"Im sure it seems like I was in an unreasonably pissy mood, It wasnt like that untill I had to deal with that rude electronics lady- you just had to be there I guess."

VampDude
September 2nd, 2007, 02:29
Are you from a small town?

sourced
September 2nd, 2007, 02:38
what town you from? :O

shadowprophet
September 2nd, 2007, 02:50
Im from a very small town. Im not originaly from here, But the town I currently reside in, is a little place called tompkinsville.
I dont know what I was thinking when I moved here. were lucky to even have brodband this place is so rural :(

ganondorf
September 2nd, 2007, 04:20
ouch, suck to be you man. I hope you get the game soon.

ExcruciationX
September 2nd, 2007, 04:47
Why don't you move then?

ICE
September 2nd, 2007, 05:13
tiny towns do indeed suck in terms of commerce.

Cap'n 1time
September 2nd, 2007, 05:32
I suggest shopping online. It's what I have to do in my small town in "bamer" some times.

parkermauney
September 2nd, 2007, 07:27
the town I currently reside in, is a little place called tompkinsville.

Whatever happend to IFeedOffYourFears?

SnesR0X
September 2nd, 2007, 07:33
That sucks, is there any bigger town that has a decent electronics store nearby?

parkermauney
September 2nd, 2007, 07:40
I live in a small town, anything important I need is an hour's drive away.
Though, the local super walmart suits my video game needs.

gdf
September 2nd, 2007, 11:19
Haw haw I live only 10 miles south of Aberdeen!

Triv1um
September 2nd, 2007, 14:28
he of course tells me and I quote. " you asked to see the manager to ask about a game?... seriously?"
At this point. I decide to leave before I lose my cool completely.

Wow, seriously if that was me i would of hit him.

i loose my temper VERY easily.

shadowprophet
September 2nd, 2007, 14:35
Wow, seriously if that was me i would of hit him.

i loose my temper VERY easily.
I felt like hitting the man, But I also didnt feel like going to jail. If it wasnt for fear of the consequences and some on the fly rational thinking, ....It came close.

bah
September 2nd, 2007, 14:52
I'm not a fan of online distribution with its lack of physical media and online activation (I guess bioshock retail has the latter anyway), but it seems steam would have made your life a little easier in this situation.

That or buying the retail edition online as Cap'n 1time suggested.

sourced
September 2nd, 2007, 14:56
Im from a very small town. Im not originaly from here, But the town I currently reside in, is a little place called tompkinsville.
I dont know what I was thinking when I moved here. were lucky to even have brodband this place is so rural :(

i hate to be a total asswipe but, TOMPKINSVILLE? wtf man. :rofl:

okay ill stop now.

shadowprophet
September 2nd, 2007, 14:57
i hate to be a total asswipe but, TOMPKINSVILLE? wtf man. :rofl:

okay ill stop now.
I ask myself the same question almost every day :rofl:

VampDude
September 2nd, 2007, 15:31

Is that one of those small southern towns? Like the ones you see on movies that are way out've the way of anywhere in particular that are not signposted?

shadowprophet
September 2nd, 2007, 17:00
Is that one of those small southern towns? Like the ones you see on movies that are way out've the way of anywhere in particular that are not signposted?
In the last ten years its really grown a little.
its still very small by any standard though.

VampDude
September 2nd, 2007, 20:58
In the last ten years its really grown a little.
its still very small by any standard though.

The place my grandparents moved to just over 5 years ago used to be a town about 15 years ago (when there were coal mines), but now it's nothing more than a village. So quite the opposite of where you live, and by a long way.

Mr. Shadow
September 2nd, 2007, 23:41
I felt like hitting the man, But I also didnt feel like going to jail. If it wasnt for fear of the consequences and some on the fly rational thinking, ....It came close.

He would have been on the floor with me in you place.:rofl:

sourced
September 3rd, 2007, 11:42
I ask myself the same question almost every day :rofl:
:rofl: why dont you move

cal360
September 3rd, 2007, 11:49
I feel sorry for you as I live in quite a big town with an indoor towncentre with Game and Game station right in the centre of it, though I never buy anything from them I go online.

lmtlmt
September 3rd, 2007, 12:56
this is where i live http://dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49511&highlight=found+house+google+maps

shadowprophet
September 3rd, 2007, 13:17
:rofl: why dont you move[sappy moment] Lotta friends and family here. And what good is any place. Without friends and family. Even though we dont have a lot in this town. I cant really think of any place I'd be happier [/sappy moment]

Mr. Shadow
September 3rd, 2007, 17:48
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :rofl:

sourced
September 4th, 2007, 13:59
[sappy moment] Lotta friends and family here. And what good is any place. Without friends and family. Even though we dont have a lot in this town. I cant really think of any place I'd be happier [/sappy moment]

:( that touched me.

:rofl: :rofl: