PDA

View Full Version : FFVII Emulation. Which platform do you prefer?

jupchinbom
September 2nd, 2007, 04:15
Hi, I have never completed FFVII before. Only played abit in the past when it first came out. I'm stuck between the choice of playing on the computer by a emulator or on the PSP? Which do you guys prefer?

Cap'n 1time
September 2nd, 2007, 04:29
Actually, the official PSP emulator is actually a bit better than the PC (since sony has all the documentation and knows exactly how to write the emu, plus they were paid for it). You might, however, get very annoyed by the battery life. Personally, I think you'd be better off playing it on a real PSone or PS2. Also the PC emulators arnt perfect, but they are completely playable.

jupchinbom
September 2nd, 2007, 05:11
My PS1 was spoiled long ago and I don't own a PS2. I'm planning on buying a PS3. Are PS1 games playable on it?

Balthasar00
September 2nd, 2007, 05:13
PC emulation without hesitation..

EPSXE and psxeven emulate it perfectly. Whats your pc specs? You can slightly improve graphicals with the GPU shaders included. You could also make yourself a psx to pc adaptor in order to play with a ps1/ps2 pad.

gunntims0103
September 2nd, 2007, 05:13
Hi, I have never completed FFVII before. Only played abit in the past when it first came out. I'm stuck between the choice of playing on the computer by a emulator or on the PSP? Which do you guys prefer?

Play it on the PSP. Final Fantasy VII on the go anywhere :D

Welshboy
September 2nd, 2007, 12:28
PSP always. Why would you want to be confined to your PC? you can play it all warm in bed if you want! plus then you can play all the other FF games and crisis core which is PSP exclusive!

JKKDARK
September 2nd, 2007, 22:03
I'm planning on buying a PS3. Are PS1 games playable on it?

If they are from the same region, yes.

jxx2005
September 2nd, 2007, 22:07
Actually, the official PSP emulator is actually a bit better than the PC (since sony has all the documentation and knows exactly how to write the emu, plus they were paid for it). You might, however, get very annoyed by the battery life. Personally, I think you'd be better off playing it on a real PSone or PS2. Also the PC emulators arnt perfect, but they are completely playable.

i think he was refering to the actual port for PC, released by square
it wasnt very good, the sound was supposedly crappy

Cap'n 1time
September 3rd, 2007, 00:47
i think he was refering to the actual port for PC, released by square
it wasnt very good, the sound was supposedly crappy

Either way, we can agree hes best playing it on a real PSX, PS2, or PS3. The PSP also plays it pretty well, but has a very limited battery life.

Balthasar00
September 3rd, 2007, 01:41
nah.. PC emulator is slightly better. Sharper graphics + PC monitor, mutliplayer FFs can be played with friends on the same unit or over the internet. save anywhere feature, possibility to play with real ps1/ps2 pads. Sure, its all depend of your hardware. but honestly, even a old p3 can emulate psx easily.

FF7 is a classic, I wouldn't watch Shichinin no samurai (seven samurai) by Akira kurosawa on my psp for a first time.. That would be a real mess.