PDA

View Full Version : Please help! Self PSP Maintenance

Mazu
September 2nd, 2007, 04:51
My PSP is kind of old, its about 3-4 years old (I forget) and it still works really well. Well, for the past year its had a bit of dust under the glass screen and it was annoying but not a big problem, especially in the right lighting, but, recently within the past few weeks the analog and D-pad has started to go a little funky.

The D-pad, when used, sometimes makes the analog move ( Ironicly i have a similar problem with a PS3 controller) and sometimes the analog stick wont go all the way in certain directions (Such as in a game where the analog could make someone run if pressed hard and walk if hit gently; it'll make them walk if i press hard). So i finally decided i need to really take it apart and clean it and hope that fixes it but im scared. I cant afford a new PSP if i mess it up and i think its too old for Sony to replace it with another, especially since i use custom firmware too. So, please can anyone give me detailed instructions for taking the front face plate off so i can clean and fix my problem? Any and all help is very much appreciated ; ;

mcdougall57
September 2nd, 2007, 14:42
try this thread here (http://www.psp411.com/show/guide/53/0/Changing_PSP_face_plate.html)

hope it helps

Mazu
September 2nd, 2007, 17:10
I'll go there, thank you very much : )