PDA

View Full Version : Monster Hunter 2 for psp, is it any good?

gunntims0103
September 2nd, 2007, 21:42
I've gotten board and i need a new game to play. I've been seeing alot of Monster hunter 2 stuff recently. I have a few questions?

-Is it any good?
-Does it go online?
-Can you create your own warrior?
-Hows the story mode?
-Compare it to another battle system.
-Is it out in the US?
-Hows the online game play (if any)?

Feedback via comment

mcdougall57
September 2nd, 2007, 23:19
yes it is out in the us and the game is wicked im pretty sure it is online, you create your own warrior at the start similarly to monster hunter 1 but vastly improved with more choices, story mode is comprised of quests (gather 3 herbs, slay the legendary dragon, cook me 3 meat ect.) and starting off in a barren iceland by the way the game is very hard so if ur hardcore you will be pleased. i cannot tell you how online is because i have not tryed it since the wireless on my modem is bust but apparently it is one of the reasons it faired so well in japan with downloadable expansions ect.
overall i think this game is awesome it got 8.3 on ign

hope this helped

gunntims0103
September 2nd, 2007, 23:53
yes it is out in the us and the game is wicked im pretty sure it is online, you create your own warrior at the start similarly to monster hunter 1 but vastly improved with more choices, story mode is comprised of quests (gather 3 herbs, slay the legendary dragon, cook me 3 meat ect.) and starting off in a barren iceland by the way the game is very hard so if ur hardcore you will be pleased. i cannot tell you how online is because i have not tryed it since the wireless on my modem is bust but apparently it is one of the reasons it faired so well in japan with downloadable expansions ect.
overall i think this game is awesome it got 8.3 on ign

hope this helped

Thanks for that info. Anyone have information on the online gameplay?

Nicko01
September 3rd, 2007, 00:44
there is no online mode. there is only ad-hoc.

i have 2 friends who are OBSESSED with this game, but i think it is kind of boring.

gunntims0103
September 3rd, 2007, 07:51
I'm going to pick this game up tomorrow. It'll keep me busy till Final Fantasy Crisis Core comes out :D

Gizmo356
September 3rd, 2007, 08:16
You can sorta play online with wifi link