PDA

View Full Version : Any Good Reason to Put Ubuntu on my PS3?

Mazu
September 3rd, 2007, 03:51
So i got my CD a few days ago in the mail (So very nice of them to do it for free) and I got some time to install it but it wouldn't work, ohwell, i go look up a guide online. It says i need to reformat my PS3's hard drive and it will wipe all the stuff on my PS3...Well suffice to say that was kind of a big let down and kind of made me feel dejected from wanting to install it.

So, is there a good reason i should wipe out my 11 GB copy of FF11, 4 GB of cool ps3 demos, 1-2 GB of my favorite music and my pictures? It has to be a REALLY good reason...my only way to transfer stuff is with my 1 GB psp memory stick duo and i'd have to take some important photos and songs off and then wipe the PS3 and then install Ubuntu and then install FF11 and the expansions and update the games data (Which is almost a 1 day job, big game). So, really, is it worth it?

kickasspats
September 8th, 2007, 02:46
well from what i hear, ubuntu is just delivering the ability to get a better looking browser and the abilty to use emulators for NES/SNES games. Im not sure if they are anygood though

Mazu
September 8th, 2007, 23:39
I see, thank you. Sorry for my late reply