PDA

View Full Version : Dead psp no power,usb,charge light

sparxx57
September 3rd, 2007, 09:25
Hi to everyone,this is my first post i have already found a lot of very usefull info for a newbie,my psp is totally dead also when the pwr supply is connected with a battery inside the orange light comes on for a short while then goes off,no battery no go with just power supply,i found a strip down tut elsewhere on the net and have tested all internal fuses all are ok,the only thing that is not right is there is no voltage at the usb fuse and when i connect to pc nothing happens,this was given to me as it is so i dont know anything about the history of it,Im hoping to fix it for my daughter so any help would be great,thanks in advance for any replies.

MasterMunt
September 3rd, 2007, 10:00
WELCOME TO DCEMU!

Your PSP sounds completely knackered to me...

Go Here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FAULTY-PSP-EXCHANGED-FOR-NEW_W0QQitemZ220146009124QQihZ012QQcategoryZ75556Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Copy and paste the link. When my psp died, this is what i did and it is 100% genuine.

Basically, any thing wrong with the psp, ANYTHING, and they will replace it for a reconditioned one at YOUR doorstep. I did wonder about the condition it would be in, but it was mint. And its not a bad price either ;) definately something to consider

sparxx57
September 3rd, 2007, 10:09
Hi,thanks for the quick reply,it says uk versions only,how do i know if i have a uk version,regards.

MasterMunt
September 3rd, 2007, 10:24
there is a number on the bottom of the psp, somthing like 00-1234567890987653-1003

The last 4 digits is the bit you need.

1000 = 1000k/JAP

1003 = 1003k/ENG

so... check that it says 1003, and you will have an english psp

sparxx57
September 3rd, 2007, 10:35
Hi,mine says psp1001 so i guess it must be an import?? probably usa, thanks again for the reply.

MasterMunt
September 3rd, 2007, 11:12
yeah i believe that is american... sorry. It was worth a try though!

scallywag20
September 3rd, 2007, 19:16
Hi,

was hoping you could help me. I bought my son an imported japanese psp a few years back psp1000. He has lost his psp inline remote so I bought a logic 3 one yesterday, problem is wont work in his psp but will work in his friends UK bought one. Did not think the hardware was any different ??? WOuld be grateful for any input

scallywag20
September 3rd, 2007, 19:17
Forgot to say he's desperate to get online and chat while playing socom

nomi
September 5th, 2007, 15:33
Or.. you could get a working psp... from ur friend or something, make a pandora battery and fix ur psP!

cal360
September 5th, 2007, 15:43
So your sons PSP is Japenes ethen (I have the same one). The only hardware difference I can think of on these is the motherboard but most of these products are usually tested to work on most models, as I have english products working on my Japanese PSP. It could be a problem with the PSP or the product could be specific to english models i'm not too sure.

POOKAPOOKAPOOKA
September 6th, 2007, 04:43
My psp had the same problem where the light blinked on for a short time. I used pandora's battery.. and well I get an error message, lol. But its a start and I think there is still hope for it. So if you have access to a psp that can run homebrew (I'm not sure how much you know but that means a 1.5 psp or any custom firmware), look up pandora's battery.

sparxx57
September 6th, 2007, 17:39
Many thanks for all your replys,will try to get a pandora then retry,will let you all know what happens,thanks again.