PDA

View Full Version : modchipstore.com

AvengedSevenfold Fan
September 3rd, 2007, 20:49
it looks like www.modchipstore.com is shut down. i used to order from there every now and then, but when you go to it, it comes up with a go daddy search page. anyone else get this?

VampDude
September 3rd, 2007, 20:54
it looks like www.modchipstore.com is shut down. i used to order from there every now and then, but when you go to it, it comes up with a go daddy search page. anyone else get this?

Maybe they forgot to pay their server?

Mr. Shadow
September 3rd, 2007, 21:16
Go daddy.com? Where do they get this stuff from?

VampDude
September 3rd, 2007, 21:39
Go daddy.com? Where do they get this stuff from?

GoDaddy.com is probably one of those filler sites that fill gaps of unused domains so no one else can use it.

Mr. Shadow
September 3rd, 2007, 21:41
Yeah i know that i just want to know why can't they just say "this site is closed" or something.

VampDude
September 3rd, 2007, 21:48
Yeah i know that i just want to know why can't they just say "this site is closed" or something.

Because obviously they don't currently own the domain to say that, I bet you that when they pay their server anything they owe the GoDaddy page won't show.

Mr. Shadow
September 3rd, 2007, 22:15
OK i get it now i have no expertises in this area.

BrooksyX
September 3rd, 2007, 22:30
I am pretty sure that they got shut down in the US modchip raid that happened a few weeks ago.

VampDude
September 3rd, 2007, 23:00
I am pretty sure that they got shut down in the US modchip raid that happened a few weeks ago.

If so I reckon that it will re-open somewhere along the line when the heat of the raids have died down, because I doubt that any business will stop whatever it is they have been doing for so long in a blink of an eye as they would lose money.

quzar
September 4th, 2007, 00:19
Good riddance. They sucked. We had been advertising affiliates with them for a while, but when it was time to check out, they basically ran around in circles and refused to pay out. After investigating them I found out they were a texas based company and that they had a LOT of complaints filed against them with the BBB.

kcajblue
September 4th, 2007, 00:32
LOL.
even the affiliates dont care about them anymore.

VampDude
September 4th, 2007, 00:43
Good riddance. They sucked. We had been advertising affiliates with them for a while, but when it was time to check out, they basically ran around in circles and refused to pay out. After investigating them I found out they were a texas based company and that they had a LOT of complaints filed against them with the BBB.

Maybe that's why their site is offline? The cheap b*st*rds! :rofl:

dejkirkby
September 4th, 2007, 08:19
GoDaddy.com is probably one of those filler sites that fill gaps of unused domains so no one else can use it.

GoDaddy.com is an internet domain seller, one of the biggest in the world.

VampDude
September 4th, 2007, 14:50
GoDaddy.com is an internet domain seller, one of the biggest in the world.

I never heard of GoDaddy.com until this thread.

How do you claim a domain? And then to sell? Weren't all domains once FREE?

AvengedSevenfold Fan
September 4th, 2007, 19:54
they get them and make you pay to use the server and the domain, not just the domain, so its the server space you are really paying for vamp. wow, some of you have never heard of godaddy? thats suprising

SnesR0X
September 4th, 2007, 20:05
Godaddy is great, if you use the code DIGG6 if you pay $30 or more (US I think) you get 5 dollars off.

VampDude
September 4th, 2007, 22:52
they get them and make you pay to use the server and the domain, not just the domain, so its the server space you are really paying for vamp. wow, some of you have never heard of godaddy? thats suprising

I usually get FREE .tk domain names and use FREE servers like bravehost (they work fine together), and nope I never heard of GoDaddy until this thread (I think there are loads more people who haven't heard of it either either) :)

AvengedSevenfold Fan
September 5th, 2007, 02:38
Generally, the free servers only give you a limited amount of storage and bandwidth.

VampDude
September 5th, 2007, 12:04
Generally, the free servers only give you a limited amount of storage and bandwidth.

My free bravehost account gives me 1.5 GB bandwidth and 50mb of disk space, which I use photobucket to store imagery keeping my bravehost disk space maximum (for if/when I need it).