PDA

View Full Version : Just made the jump to m33.........

xsimmonsx
September 3rd, 2007, 21:34
.....I've been out of the psp scene since around January, been back and forth to the states skating /working etc and I've just done a few days playing catch up on all thats been going on, and its unreal!!!

So tonight after reading through everything, I decided to make the jump from 1.5 to the custom firmware m33 3.52.

I've always used my psp to play things such as snes, nes, scummvm classics, doom/doom II, ir shell, etc etc.

One of the main reasons for my jump was the psx emulator and the fact ive just bought tomb raider anniversary and wanted to run it...well i dont need to say, or cant say. and devhook couldnt seem to do it even after I altered some files.

What I'd like to know now is....how do I use this firmware to full potential...and whats with the hot shots 2 eboot, do i need to sign up to the ps3 site to buy it?? will the original game cd have the files on it? etc etc

If anyone can help me out please pm me.

Thanks in advance - simmons

sourced
September 4th, 2007, 14:04
first of all, you dont need devhook, you run the games straight from the game menu in the xmb.

devhook is old skooool, (although very useful in its time)

and, if you are going to download the hot shots golf iso(LEGALLY, [no warez here buddy]) put it in the iso folder found in the root of your memstick.

how to use the firmware to its full potential? well theres lots of things you can do, like, custom themes, icons, backgrounds, battery bars, volume bars, gameboots, emulators, overclocking, and alot more.

just go ahead and read around, you're sure to discover everything by yourself.

mike_jmg
September 5th, 2007, 01:19
Backup your memory stick files and on psp use the option format memory stick, and the folders might give you a hint of what you can do

also, to play ps1 games, not the ones from playstation network, you can backup your old discs and convert them via any program you found (I use icetea) (you don't need the hot shots golf thing anymore) they go on the GAME folder

homebrew goes on GAME150 folder

there is a folder named ISO on the root of the ms, you might figure out what is it for. LOL (yep, just put them there)

xsimmonsx
September 5th, 2007, 15:36
Got ya!

Cheers fellas, yeah i've got all my old stuff running from game150 folders and my TR anniversary...from, well yeah the one fold on the ROOT haha.

I see theirs options from booting up with R down also, this is all amazing, I feel like the fat kid in the cake shop at the moment.

On to the psx trials.

Many thanks again!