September 4th, 2007, 12:39
How do you feel about blink 182?

sourced
September 4th, 2007, 12:53
wtf kinda question is that? no offence.

um, personally, i think they should get back together. i miss them :(

MasterMunt
September 4th, 2007, 12:55
Yeah damn straight, wanna see them back... but only after AVA's second album ;)

bah
September 4th, 2007, 13:07
If your into bubblegum pop then their early stuff (cheshire cat) was alright.

I think I first heard MnM's on JJJ (radio station) just before dude ranch came out when I was in yr 10 or so.

By the time later albums came out I was pretty much sick of pop punk, but I still think the early cpl albums were much better.

If you like that sort of music listen to some of the bands on fat wreck chords like propagandhi.
The only real late 90s 'punk' I listen to now would be them or an aussie band named caustic soda (they were less of an 'really fast drums+nasal voice = new age punk' band).

You can download caustic soda's album for free legit (only in 128k though) here (http://www.mp3.com.au/Album.asp?id=9410), click the song name and the song's page has a download link. I think 'photocopied' was their biggest song, 'owls of laughter', 'Reason being' and 'trampoline sky' are my favourites.

VampDude
September 4th, 2007, 13:10
How do you feel about blink 182?

They were ok, but SUM41 are better than Blink.

AVA (Angels and Airwaves) sucked ass, my then girlfriend (not the one I have now) liked both Blink and AVA which I ended up borrowing the album from the library (yes you can borrow/rent CD's from a library as shocking as it is) and I thought it was completely crap and took it back within the hour (which a good thing was that I never bought it and only paid £1.30 to borrow/rent it).

lmtlmt
September 4th, 2007, 13:10

AVA sucks , no offence

and vampdude who's sum41?

VampDude
September 4th, 2007, 13:19
AVA sucks , no offence

SUM41

KX0t2BLDqv8

If you've played MX2002 on PS2 you will recognize this song! :p

MasterMunt
September 4th, 2007, 13:20
SUM41 are another punk rock band, similar to blink in many ways. They werent bad to start off with, havent really heard their newer stuff

lmtlmt
September 4th, 2007, 13:24
i think i have only played MX2004, i dunno.

JKKDARK
September 4th, 2007, 14:37
ONLY ***S LISTEN POP-PUNK

They are doing it because MTV want it, they just follow the trend.

bah
September 4th, 2007, 14:59
Most teenagers go through stages of liking crappy music.

I loved Nirvana/pumpkins/soundgarden 'grunge' when I was 11-13 or so, 'punk' from 13-15, industrial or whatever you call wumpscut, covenant etc from 15-16, aphex twin/squarepusher/lamb/portishead 17-19.

From then till now (24) Ive really listened to a little bit of them all and a lot of other stuff, have loved tool since I first heard Ænema in 97 or so and still listen to it a bit.

I never had MTV but i guess recovery (an abc tv show back in the 90s) was pretty influential. I still have the tape of when they talked to me in the city selling newspapers and came back to my place. :)

I don't think you can say everyone who listens to pop-punk is a tryhard following trends, many probably like many other types of music as well.

EDIT: Feel free to call any/all of those bands crap. I like/d what i like/d.

pt9087
September 4th, 2007, 15:02
Blink are the greatest band that was ever made, i even got a tattoo of blink smiley :D

sourced
September 4th, 2007, 15:05
AVA sucks , no offence

you dont know who SUM41 is? :eek:

pt9087
September 4th, 2007, 15:10
AVA sucks , no offence

I thort "We Dont Need To Whisper" was not that bad!

Have you heard the new song... Everythings Magic, i like that song! :cool:

bah
September 4th, 2007, 15:10
That looks like permanent marker.

VampDude
September 4th, 2007, 15:28
That looks like permanent marker.

I thought the same, but didn't want to be rude and say! (which you did) lol

DarthPaul
September 4th, 2007, 15:57
Omg lol at the one who don't know who Sum41 are.

And Blink 182 sucked,but the drummer is awesome. Angels and Airwaves totally sucked. Sum41 is better than both together.

BrooksyX
September 4th, 2007, 16:05
Blink-182 is the best punk band of all time. I don't really listen to that much punk but I still continue to listen to a lot of Blink. I have all of their goods songs on my iPod. I really wish they would get back together, +44 and AVA are horrible.

Oh and Sum 41 is a good band too, I really like the new stuff that they are bringing out.

VampDude
September 4th, 2007, 16:19
Blink-182 is the best punk band of all time. I don't really listen to that much punk but I still continue to listen to a lot of Blink. I have all of their goods songs on my iPod. I really wish they would get back together, +44 and AVA are horrible.

Oh and Sum 41 is a good band too, I really like the new stuff that they are bringing out.

Out of the 4 bands you mentioned, SUM41 is by far the only good band

SUM41's new song Underclass Hero is cool, it sounds like a mixture of their older stuff

JKKDARK
September 4th, 2007, 16:28

LOL, the best Punk band. All you did is watch 90's/00's MTV :rofl:

I'm not a Punk Rock fan, but any real fan can tell you The Clash, Sex Pistols, Ramones were better Punk bands than your crappy Blink 182.
And you should know every real Punk fan is ashamed with these actual MTV Punk bands like Blink 182, Green Day, etc.

VampDude
September 4th, 2007, 16:44

I'm not a Punk Rock fan, but any real fan can tell you The Clash, Sex Pistols, Ramones were better Punk bands than your crappy Blink 182.
And you should know every real Punk fan is ashamed with these actual MTV Punk bands like Blink 182, Green Day, etc.

The Ramones were a good band, quite a lot of their stuff is covered thesedays.

pt9087
September 4th, 2007, 17:35

Nah Dude, its 100% real! if there is any other way i can proove it just let me know!

:thumbup:

ICE
September 4th, 2007, 18:13
blink sucks. their logo is a total rip off of nirvana's
they wish they were that good.
"pop" punk is a self conflicting statement. the ramones were punk blink was pop mainstream crap.

http://www.nook-market.com/bizzazz_s/nirvana_smiley-round.jpg

http://www.leninimports.com/blink_182_smiley_patch.jpg

VampDude
September 4th, 2007, 18:13
Nah Dude, its 100% real! if there is any other way i can proove it just let me know!

:thumbup:

Permanent marker can be removed with Lynx, if anyone requests proof a video of you trying t scrub it off would be all they need if so! lol :p

bah
September 4th, 2007, 18:30

Stating the obvious is rude now?

EDIT: If it's real, the tattooist did a great job on the marker-like smudging.

VampDude
September 4th, 2007, 18:40
Stating the obvious is rude now?

No, but I didn't want to be rude thou! :p

EDIT: If it's real, the tattooist did a great job on the marker-like smudging.

lol, plus it's upside down ???

SnesR0X
September 4th, 2007, 19:07
Blink have a few good songs, but most of their stuff is too mushy for me. I'm pleased to see some Sum41 fans here, w00t for people who know Canadian bands :D

pt9087
September 4th, 2007, 20:13
lol, plus it's upside down ???

?? nope its for me to see and not for anyone else, so i told the guy to face it to me!

I got this tattoo a week after my 18th birthday. :rolleyes:

MasterMunt
September 4th, 2007, 20:44

But nobody said they were supposed to be the old punk... They are the new generation of punk.

Just like pop was duran duran, depeche mode, now its britney spears and james morrison.

Dont go comparing it now, times have changed. I love the beatles, beach boys etc. but it doesnt mean i dont like the new age rock just because they arent following how it used to be.

Besides Ramones are shite. Clash, 4Skins, Crass, and Sham 69 are all great classic punk.

lmtlmt
September 4th, 2007, 23:26
hhmmm i am glad this thread turned into a disscussion about SUM41 and tattoos???

lmtlmt
September 4th, 2007, 23:28
blink sucks. their logo is a total rip off of nirvana's
they wish they were that good.
"pop" punk is a self conflicting statement. the ramones were punk blink was pop mainstream crap.

http://www.nook-market.com/bizzazz_s/nirvana_smiley-round.jpg

http://www.leninimports.com/blink_182_smiley_patch.jpg

umm mate, the only thing there that looks remotely similar is the eyes, and they are still different.

JKKDARK
September 4th, 2007, 23:32
But nobody said they were supposed to be the old punk... They are the new generation of punk.

Just like pop was duran duran, depeche mode, now its britney spears and james morrison.

Dont go comparing it now, times have changed. I love the beatles, beach boys etc. but it doesnt mean i dont like the new age rock just because they arent following how it used to be.

Besides Ramones are shite. Clash, 4Skins, Crass, and Sham 69 are all great classic punk.

But you said Blink 182 was the best Punk band, and we know it's totally wrong.
At least you should say something like "Blink 182 is the best Pop Punk band"

BrooksyX
September 5th, 2007, 05:42
Meh, everyone has their opinions. I personally think Blink was one of the best bands for their time.

I really don't listen to that much rock anyways. I have been listening to a lot R&B, Hip-Hop, and Country lately.

edit: I bet that we could all agree that the world would be a better place if Blink-182 got back together. I miss them :(

ICE
September 5th, 2007, 05:45
But you said Blink 182 was the best Punk band, and we know it's totally wrong.
At least you should say something like "Blink 182 is the best Pop Punk band"

they were pop punk. a term that causes any real punk rock fan to become sick to their stomach.

umm mate, the only thing there that looks remotely similar is the eyes, and they are still different.

yeah if you disregard them both being smiley faces with X's for eyes.. the only differences being the tongue and the arrow things.

its no big deal its just something that nirvana fans laugh about.

VampDude
September 5th, 2007, 12:59
yeah if you disregard them both being smiley faces with X's for eyes.. the only differences being the tongue and the arrow things.

its no big deal its just something that nirvana fans laugh about.

I don't think they could have the tongue, because they couldn't afford the copyright charges if they decided to copy the whole thing.

parkermauney
September 8th, 2007, 05:22
Blink-182 was and always will be my favorite band, dude ranch being album of choice.
I have legally obtained every one of their cd's, all the way back in the times of flyswatter.

lmtlmt
September 8th, 2007, 05:37
ok then

SnesR0X
September 8th, 2007, 06:30
ok then

yes.....?

lmtlmt
September 8th, 2007, 07:32
nothing

parkermauney
September 8th, 2007, 16:55
ok then

yes.....?

nothing

One intelligent post after another. :P
They're lead guitarist went through some life changing experience, and now he apparently thinks ava is the shit.

kcajblue
September 8th, 2007, 17:31
SUM41

KX0t2BLDqv8

If you've played MX2002 on PS2 you will recognize this song! :por if you played EBA and heard the crappy cover.