View Full Version : The current playlist for the "Exwave" VCS radio station

ExcruciationX
September 5th, 2007, 04:12
In no particular order.

Cream- Sunshine of Your Love

Sugarloaf- Green Eyed Lady

Rare Earth- I Just Want To Celebrate

Steppenwolf- Born to Be Wild

Iron Butterfly- In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida (all seventeen minutes)

Boston- Don't Look Back

Chicago- 25 or 624

Blood, Sweat, and Tears- Spinning Wheel

Blue Oyster Cult- Don't Fear The Reaper

Just in case you guys wondered.

Edit: I'm having trouble finding "Whole Lotta Love" so I substituted it for "Don't Fear The Reaper" (much better song in my opinion).

SnesR0X
September 5th, 2007, 04:22
Interesting taste in music, bring on the insane commercials! :D

ExcruciationX
September 5th, 2007, 04:36
Interesting taste in music, bring on the insane commercials! :D
Yep, I'll just steal two commercials from other radio stations and put them in there.

I'm not sure how I'm going to distribute it though. Probably through (unmentionable).

SnesR0X
September 5th, 2007, 05:51
Yep, I'll just steal two commercials from other radio stations and put them in there.

I'm not sure how I'm going to distribute it though. Probably through (unmentionable).

Make sure to have the one about space monkey 7:D

lmtlmt
September 5th, 2007, 10:31
go go space monkey!

VampDude
September 5th, 2007, 12:52

Distribute it via RapidShare or MegaUpload, they're the best in any option.

ExcruciationX
September 5th, 2007, 17:07
Distribute it via RapidShare or MegaUpload, they're the best in any option.
Okay, I'll do that.

Also, how does GTA look at the radio stations? Do you just throw it in there?

VampDude
September 5th, 2007, 18:13
Okay, I'll do that.

Also, how does GTA look at the radio stations? Do you just throw it in there?

This thread (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=41531) should help you with the thing for GTA playing the radio station. :)

I now have GTA:VCS for PS2 aswell as the PSP, the PS2 version plays better :D but sadly no custom stations on the PS2 version (I think?) :(

ExcruciationX
September 6th, 2007, 06:07
This thread (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=41531) should help you with the thing for GTA playing the radio station. :)

I now have GTA:VCS for PS2 aswell as the PSP, the PS2 version plays better :D but sadly no custom stations on the PS2 version (I think?) :(
I meant converting it to ATRAC (the format used for the radio stations), packing it in the ISO, and having it as a radio station in the game.

If you put it as a custom soundtrack, it will always start from the beginning, which would get annoying.

I was wondering if you just throw the file in there, or if you have to edit stuff.

VampDude
September 6th, 2007, 15:28
I meant converting it to ATRAC (the format used for the radio stations), packing it in the ISO, and having it as a radio station in the game.

If you put it as a custom soundtrack, it will always start from the beginning, which would get annoying.

I was wondering if you just throw the file in there, or if you have to edit stuff.

That would be game hacking, and in many ways for some would be piracy (if they don't own the game - which I doubt many people here do) because they would have to download it as a whole (which isn't really liked or condoned on DCEmu).

But back to the question (thou I think this thread will be closed on a possible reason of talk about game hacking/piracy), I think that you would have to know what you were doing beforehand as the music files in a PSP game are in .res format (as is everything else) so you would have to do a lot of messing around to actually get it to work within the games radio stations and know what files were to be replaced by placing dummy files in their place to see where your files should go.

It's actually easier to hack PS2 games than PSP games if you want to change audio and distribute the custom audio files (for users to insert manually), but I'm not going to say anymore as we/I might get an infraction for discussing this here (as I think hacking commercial games is against the law - I could be wrong).

ExcruciationX
September 6th, 2007, 15:35
I'll just offer two versions, one .mp3, one .at3 (just checked it seems to be the format used for the radio stations).

What people do to listen to it isn't my problem. I'm just concerned about making it for now.

VampDude
September 6th, 2007, 15:39
I'll just offer two versions, one .mp3, one .at3 (just checked it seems to be the format used for the radio stations).

What people do to listen to it isn't my problem. I'm just concerned about making it for now.

Cool, but what happens if it doesn't work as a radio station?

ExcruciationX
September 6th, 2007, 15:43
Cool, but what happens if it doesn't work as a radio station?
I'll check...

ExcruciationX
September 6th, 2007, 17:24
Okay, after testing it appears it DOES work, although you must write over one radio station.

VampDude
September 6th, 2007, 17:36
Okay, after testing it appears it DOES work, although you must write over one radio station.

Will you add a tutorial for those who wish to use your custom broadcast?

ExcruciationX
September 6th, 2007, 18:01
It's pretty easy. Just dump the game, download UMDGEN, go to PSP_GAME/USRDIR/MUSIC/ remove one radio station, replace it with mine and rebuild the ISO. It should show up as the now defunct radio station.

VampDude
September 6th, 2007, 18:52
It's pretty easy. Just dump the game, download UMDGEN, go to PSP_GAME/USRDIR/MUSIC/ remove one radio station, replace it with mine and rebuild the ISO. It should show up as the now defunct radio station.

Cool, I think I would rather use the custom soundtrack option with my UMD than play with an ISO.

ExcruciationX
September 8th, 2007, 17:51
Okay, I've taken out and added songs, so you don't actually know the line up.

wolfpack
September 8th, 2007, 17:57
do you have your own talkshow to? :p

ExcruciationX
September 8th, 2007, 18:55
Yeah, I'm thinking about adding a telephone interview (think the "New World Order" show).