PDA

View Full Version : psp to ipod..possible?

FFVIIVince10
June 29th, 2005, 19:38
I was thinking about it, and if you can hook it up to an external USB powered HDD, could you just buy a new ipod to usble cable, splice a mini usb B on it, and hook it up to your ipod and other end to your psp? That would be great because then i could run movies and such off of the HDD ^.^

leggy
June 29th, 2005, 19:54
If you could you would certainly have a piece of unwieldly kit.

shizzle
June 29th, 2005, 20:12
nah because when the only way to connect the usb to psp is to put it in usb mode, which would render everything else imposible. You would need to format your ipod to FAT ( the psp file format i thik) and then make a memorystick to usb which could connect the ipod to the memory stick.

FFVIIVince10
June 30th, 2005, 01:27
Well then how does the PSP to External USB powered HDD work? I heard you can hook it up to an external usb powered Hard drive. Couldnt you use the psp file selector they have or something?

Onetonbullet
June 30th, 2005, 01:44
Nope....
All the external HDD does is allow you to transfer files on the go...Can't remember the name of the device they were using however.....

http://www.dapreview.net/news.php?extend.1573

There you go...

Jdemon
June 30th, 2005, 04:14
You would need something with an OS that will read external drives and transfer DATA to them via USB...I don't think an IPOD can do that can it?(don't have one)

I have an Archos (20GB) and it would be amazing if I could store video files and copy them to my PSP...somehow :confused:

Onetonbullet
June 30th, 2005, 04:19
"The X5 is special because it has a USB Host function. That means I can connect the PSP and X5 directly together, and transfer files back and forth. I already tested this, it works as expected. While the PSP is always going to have limited storage capacity, the X5 has a 20gb hard drive - and it's also available in 30gb and 60gb models."

^^Quote from above link...^^
http://www.dapreview.net/e107_images/newspost_images/x5_psp_2.jpg

I do not know what kind of other gadgets could be used in the same way...

TsukasaZero
June 30th, 2005, 16:52
You could look into Linux on iPod and see if you can develope anything for that.