PDA

View Full Version : A question about firmware,

korrosive
September 6th, 2007, 03:40
Im, not entirely sure where to post this, so if it's the wrong forum I'm sorry and do not flame,

anyways, on to my question:

Would it be possible to get a slot 1 card running a different firmware than the one it's supposed to?

like for instance, a G6DS Real running M3 simply firmware (for the sole intention of running games that don't work on the G6, like arcomage.) Is this possible? and what would i need to do it? could this hurt my card if i were to try it right now?

if anyone knows the answer to these questions, help would be appriciated

(and remember, don't flame)

DanTheManMS
September 6th, 2007, 04:00
The only firmwares that are interchangeable are the ones between the R4 and M3 Simply (you must use custom tools to do this) and the ones of the N-card clones (DSLinker, Fire Card, N-Card, MK5, etc). Otherwise, you're stuck with the firmware you have.

korrosive
September 6th, 2007, 04:41
ok, even though it wasn't the reply i was hoping for, thank you for the prompt reply.

Jahed
September 10th, 2007, 19:08
R4 and M3 are interchangeable but there's no real point as they both are almost exactly the same. All you have to do is replace the exisiting firmware on your card with the firmware of the one you want to replace with. It shouldn't damage the card but there's no point taking the risk as like I said before, they're very similar.

Not sure about the G6 to M3, probably won't work.