PDA

View Full Version : Need help - Playing games on memory stick

kevyan
September 6th, 2007, 06:36
Hi all,

I am new to PSP thingy. I am currently playing on fw v.3.40

Is there anyway that I can carry all my original games on a memory stick and play from there.?

I have about 10 UMD (games) which I would like to put into the memory stick.

I think I have to rip the UMD or something like that right?

Any helpful advice will be much appreciated. Thank you. :)

Kev

Axelius
September 6th, 2007, 09:29
First thing: In this forum it is not allowed to talk about PSP-ISOs or how they can be ripped from the UMD

Second thing: You need to downgrade your PSP to 1.50 to use any homebrew. As soon as you're on 1.50 you can do anything that you want. (Even this illegal ripping stuff you want to do ;) )

Third thing: As soon as you're on 1.50 you should upgrade to a custom firmware: They're based on Sony's original firmwares, but with all restrictions disabled.

kevyan
September 6th, 2007, 17:31
I'm sorry. As you can see it's my 1st post. Not sure about the rules in the forum yet. I apologise for talking about the ISO thingy.

But is ripping from the UMD I bought illegal? I mean, I just don't want to carry it around. That's why I wanted to copy it onto the memory stick... hmmm...

But thanks for the advice. :)

First thing: In this forum it is not allowed to talk about PSP-ISOs or how they can be ripped from the UMD

Second thing: You need to downgrade your PSP to 1.50 to use any homebrew. As soon as you're on 1.50 you can do anything that you want. (Even this illegal ripping stuff you want to do ;) )

Third thing: As soon as you're on 1.50 you should upgrade to a custom firmware: They're based on Sony's original firmwares, but with all restrictions disabled.

Axelius
September 6th, 2007, 18:43
Well, yes, you're not allowed to talk about how UMDs are ripped, as this could lead to their illegal distribution.
Here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/announcement.php?f=77&a=7)'s a link to the forum-rules.

By the way: Welcome to the forum!

kevyan
September 9th, 2007, 16:17
Thanks for the link. :)

Well, yes, you're not allowed to talk about how UMDs are ripped, as this could lead to their illegal distribution.
Here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/announcement.php?f=77&a=7)'s a link to the forum-rules.

By the way: Welcome to the forum!

damotheking
September 16th, 2007, 11:30
i think u call is baking ur games up

bah
September 16th, 2007, 12:05
A spade is a spade, even if you call it a crafted metal digging implement.