PDA

View Full Version : I cant decide.

shadowprophet
September 6th, 2007, 12:52
So they are finely here, The new slim psp's, And im still up in the air deciding if I want one or not.
To me, It seems like the psp was redesigned as a gimmick to mock the dslite. Still Id like to know everyone's opinion. Which will be the psp that is remembered years from now as the classic icon, the original, or the slim?

The outcome of this poll will most definitely influence my decision, As I am completely undecided.

VampDude
September 6th, 2007, 13:09
The original is still better than the slim PSP (at the moment) because unless the slim can be downgraded from it's firmware (could be a new firmware) it would be pointless for the while (as homebrew is the reason for owning a PSP second to games). :)

Darksaviour69
September 6th, 2007, 13:15
moved to a better home (psp section) ;)

Kramer
September 6th, 2007, 13:18
Im going to get one at launch probably wont use it much until it gets hacked though...

Shadowblind
September 6th, 2007, 13:30
I'd stay with the Phat. This is another Sony taking Nintendos idea as an excuse for your money that probably won't even became homebrew enabled.

ICE
September 6th, 2007, 14:07
well im getting one in the next few days because my beloved old psp has sadly passed on.

JKKDARK
September 6th, 2007, 14:49
Get the original one, at least if you want homebrew ;)

cal360
September 6th, 2007, 15:20
I say if you've got an original get a slim, but if you haven't got a PSP get the slim.

Sonicboy 101
September 6th, 2007, 15:23
Original right now, but I'd say wait and see if the slim has homebrew capabilities.

ExcruciationX
September 6th, 2007, 15:24
Do you have an orginal PSP? If so, get the slim.

shadowprophet
September 6th, 2007, 15:40
I've had an original psp since launch day. I've taken very good care of it, and its in brand new condition, Its customized out the wazuu and does things only an elitists psp can, Like all of us psp owners here at Dcemu.

Mostly im caught in a cross fire, there are a few really awesome titles coming that I must have,
like crisis core, final fantasy tactics, and jane d arc and such.
I simply will not update my original any more- It is perfect in every way and shall be left un updated.
But for a second psp. I suppose the question still remains. Old or new :cool:

ICE
September 6th, 2007, 16:12
in your situation id go new. you have and old one for brew so why not a new one for the rest?

Buddy4point0
September 6th, 2007, 19:58
get it man, im getting one

ICE
September 6th, 2007, 20:06
i got one :D
an hour or so ago
very nice indeed.

pibs
September 6th, 2007, 23:01
If you have the money get it, the extra ram will be worth it once devs make faster emu's on it.

VampDude
September 6th, 2007, 23:41
If you have the money get it, the extra ram will be worth it once devs make faster emu's on it.

It has EXTRA RAM ??? Really?

I must get one then, well only when I can buy one from China with 1.50 or any homebrew abilities (whenever that may be) :p

But I still stand by what I say about not getting the slim until it has homebrew thou.

JPJunkie
September 8th, 2007, 10:22
It has 64mb of ram instead of 32mb

AvengedSevenfold Fan
September 10th, 2007, 05:11
its not the RAM, its the flash memory, which is pointless, because whatever comes out for that in the flash, is going to be in the original, so it has to fit into 32 mb

MY 900th POST

mike_jmg
September 19th, 2007, 05:34
It really has more ram and also flash,
I don't know when was this posted but it has been hacked and I bet you're getting the new one LOL