PDA

View Full Version : I cry for farcry.

shadowprophet
September 7th, 2007, 13:57
farcry for the wii console, There is no doubt, This game scored poorly in every review its ever graced. 4.0's 2.0s and even negitive numbers from less reputable places.

Aginst all odds I gave this game a chance, playing it vigerously for hours on end and somehow developing a stockholm syndrome for it, Loving it just becuse no one else did.
I suffered through lockups, system crashes, Bugs of every verity and severity.
Untill I came to stage six's defuse the bomb objective.

And off shore oil rig,tons of rebels and a single bomb behind a lock door that even link could'nt figure out how to open.
ive read every giude I can find. The door is supposed to just swing open after I kill every living thing in the rig. Yet after two days of trying and so many lockups. "seven yesterday" and three this morning"
I have given up. You win ubisoft! I gave you more of a chance then anyone else ever would, That you are able to make a game that surpasses drakken In complete sheer swill factor.

Well I must say, I applaud you. The effort It must have taken to make a game this flawed is staggering.
I was saving metroid prime 3 till after I beat farcry. So i would have something great to play to make up for how sucky this game was. But now Im unable to even finish this thing Because of all the bugs. Bravo Ubisoft, Bravo...

VampDude
September 7th, 2007, 15:02
It's a Ubisoft game, so that says it all.

Ubisoft = potentially crap games

ICE
September 7th, 2007, 15:10
ever play red steel? they made sword fighting boring. thats hard to do but ubisoft did it.

shadowprophet
September 7th, 2007, 15:14
I used to have respect for ubisoft. But any developer that can allow a game to be released with so many bugs and no way to get updates, Only care about the mighty dollar and not their fans, Ubisoft has made their last dollar off of me. That's a pledge I intend to keep.

VampDude
September 7th, 2007, 15:19
ever play red steel? they made sword fighting boring. thats hard to do but ubisoft did it.

Redsteel was the last Ubisoft game I bought, I gave up on the game on the level with the conveyor belt.

I used to have respect for ubisoft. But any developer that can allow a game to be released with so many bugs and no way to upset, Only care about the mighty dollar and not their fans, Ubisoft has made their last dollar off of me. That's a pledge I intend to keep.

I think EA should buy/take the other 80 or so percent from Ubisoft, and keep only the idea's but scrap the coders.

Accordion
September 7th, 2007, 15:20
Call of Duty 3 is a close second place.

how can a single player game have lag?

shadowprophet
September 7th, 2007, 15:23
I bought farcry as a budget title, And im still pissed. Even for a budget price. when someone buys a game, It shouldnt be this bugged :(
It's like ubisoft doesnt care about their reputation or something :confused:

ICE
September 7th, 2007, 15:24
Call of Duty 3 is a close second place.

how can a single player game have lag?

haha thats an excellent question.

never fear my disappointed wii owners for Medal of Honor is coming with near Metroid controls and 32 player online without the use of friend codes!

EA will show how its done! i hope..

shadowprophet
September 7th, 2007, 15:27
haha thats an excellent question.

never fear my disappointed wii owners for Medal of Honor is coming with near Metroid controls and 32 player online without the use of friend codes!

EA will show how its done! i hope..
I have no worry about medal of honor.
Even at its worst, It couldnt top the crap that ubisoft slings..

Accordion
I bought farcry as a budget title, And im still pissed. Even for a budget price. when someone buys a game, It shouldnt be this bugged :(
It's like ubisoft doesnt care about their reputation or something :confused:

minorities do not matter. If the game sells.
I question whether the casual gamer has such strict sense of quality.

sourced
It's a Ubisoft game, so that says it all.

Ubisoft = potentially crap games

Ubisoft made Splinter cell. dont forget... and splinter cell was great.

ICE
September 7th, 2007, 15:28
Ubisoft apologizes for crappy Wii games. (http://gonintendo.com/?p=18768)

Chameleon
September 7th, 2007, 15:30

Yeah and I suppose thats just another ploid to get people to buy their games the second time around :(

shadowprophet
September 7th, 2007, 15:30
That sounds like the reasons they gave for handing us crap and calling it a game :(

ICE
September 7th, 2007, 15:32
That sounds like the reasons they gave for handing us crap and calling it a game :(

yeah i know. paraphrase-> "well you see people will buy anything with Wii stamped on it and.. well crappy games are cheaper and quicker to make so.... sorry?"

shadowprophet
September 7th, 2007, 15:37
yeah i know. paraphrase-> "well you see people will buy anything with Wii stamped on it and.. well crappy games are cheaper and quicker to make so.... sorry?"
I know not why I laugh, But that makes me feel better anyway :rofl:

ICE
September 7th, 2007, 15:40
i wouldnt be too worried about the crappy games. it happened on ps2 after launch as well and it will be done soon enough. then we'll have metroid, smash bros, mario, battalion wars and so forth to keep us entertained.

the publishers who doubted the wii didnt have any games in the works so when the wii took off they all rushed to start pumping out games to make money and so like ubisoft said.. crap is quicker to make so thats what we got.

shadowprophet
September 7th, 2007, 15:43
i wouldnt be too worried about the crappy games. it happened on ps2 after launch as well and it will be done soon enough. then we'll have metroid, smash bros, mario, battalion wars and so forth to keep us entertained.

the publishers who doubted the wii didnt have any games in the works so when the wii took off they all rushed to start pumping out games to make money and so like ubisoft said.. crap is quicker to make so thats what we got.
But the damage they did to theirselves will not be soon forgotten.
Ubi does have some solid titles. But then sony also had some good consoles once upon a time too. Times change I suppose.

ICE
September 7th, 2007, 15:45
indeed they do.

Sonicboy 101
September 7th, 2007, 15:58
Im used to like Ubisoft... I mean, they spawned Rayman.
That was top quality thinking.
But now the games quality are slipping. Even the Rayman ones. :(

VampDude
September 7th, 2007, 16:39
Ubisoft made Splinter cell. dont forget... and splinter cell was great.

Splinter Cell was crap (in my opinion).

They should more than apologize, they should refund anyone who has bought a crappy Ubisoft game that requests a refund (that would send them bankrupt for sure - as if I cared about their outcome).

The official games are the only games worth getting for the Wii, and mostly all the ones lined up for christmas.

The third party Wii launch games sucked, they were almost all (rushed) re-releases of what was already out on the PS2 (which was lame).

But the damage they did to theirselves will not be soon forgotten.
Ubi does have some solid titles. But then sony also had some good consoles once upon a time too. Times change I suppose.

Ubisoft should give up

Accordion
September 7th, 2007, 17:33

You have mentioned this several times, it seems you have forgotten about Tekken Tag, SSX, Timesplitters, Unreal Tournement and Smugglers Run.

ICE
September 7th, 2007, 17:50
You have mentioned this several times, it seems you have forgotten about Tekken Tag, SSX, Timesplitters, Unreal Tournement and Smugglers Run.

no i havent but i also havent forgotten about all the crappy games that came out for ps2 right after it started selling so well.

SnesR0X
September 7th, 2007, 18:02
They are making Assassin's Creed as well, and that DOES look really good...

lol at post 1234 :D

VampDude
September 7th, 2007, 22:58
They are making Assassin's Creed as well, and that DOES look really good...

It may look goo, but in reality it could be a let down.

lol at post 1234 :D

I remember when I got that many posts, it was 05/06/07 (May 6th 2007) which made my 1234th post better than yours as I had 1234[5][6][7]! lol :p

Shadowblind
September 7th, 2007, 23:14
Tsk tsk....This destroys my faith for Ubisoft. Yet, they did make R6Vegas, so I do still like them...sorta...

pibs
September 7th, 2007, 23:24
I can't believe that after selling crappy games they try to apologize by selling you more crappy games. Ubisoft should either put up or shut up.

shadowprophet
September 7th, 2007, 23:30
The real irony here is third party developers complain that their third party titles have trouble competing for attention amidst Nintendo's first party offerings on the console.

Let that sink in for a moment.

Now let it out :rolleyes: :rofl:

Shadowblind
September 8th, 2007, 00:03
I wonder if 3rd Parties have, well....crappy titles because this gaming system, the controls, really are something else. Really new.

Now FPS, they have no excuse. All they have to do is keep the sight in the CENTER OF THE SCREEN.

VampDude
September 8th, 2007, 00:33
I can't believe that after selling crappy games they try to apologize by selling you more crappy games. Ubisoft should either put up or shut up.

They should shut up, and down!

The real irony here is third party developers complain that their third party titles have trouble competing for attention amidst Nintendo's first party offerings on the console.

Let that sink in for a moment.

Now let it out :rolleyes: :rofl:

Third party games should at least be original, people like originality. Even if a title is original and it's crap it's not original, because we already have third party crap...

...I'm only buying Nintendo and SEGA games for my Wii, cause every other company that are making games for the Wii suck!

SnesR0X
September 8th, 2007, 00:43
They should shut up, and down!

Third party games should at least be original, people like originality. Even if a title is original and it's crap it's not original, because we already have third party crap...

...I'm only buying Nintendo and SEGA games for my Wii, cause every other company that are making games for the Wii suck!

What about Capcom, m'kay?

VampDude
September 8th, 2007, 00:48
What about Capcom, m'kay?

Capcom only re-released Resident Evil 4 (for quick cash), which is said to be the worst Resident Evil game in the series to date (I still haven't played RE4 thou).

SnesR0X
September 8th, 2007, 01:02
Capcom only re-released Resident Evil 4 (for quick cash), which is said to be the worst Resident Evil game in the series to date (I still haven't played RE4 thou).

:eek: Get it. now. Seriously

VampDude
September 8th, 2007, 01:48
:eek: Get it. now. Seriously

I have it on PS2 (the Platinum series version) which I got for £13.99, and I've never actually gotten around to playing it thou (still factory sealed) :p

ICE
September 8th, 2007, 02:04
lol wow.
play it now.

sourced
September 8th, 2007, 05:14
lol wow.
play it now.

i agree.

dude, you're missing out.

LilSwish722
September 8th, 2007, 06:07
I bought Far Cry when it came out for 50 bucks...i don't understand why you guys think it sucks. me personally, have almost beaten the game. haven't encountered a lockup or anything yet. not many bugs for me. i enjoy the game (although i lost it and need to find it >.<)

SnesR0X
September 8th, 2007, 06:29
I bought Far Cry when it came out for 50 bucks...i don't understand why you guys think it sucks. me personally, have almost beaten the game. haven't encountered a lockup or anything yet. not many bugs for me. i enjoy the game (although i lost it and need to find it >.<)

The Wii version? Just making sure, because I don't think THAT one is good... >.>

dejkirkby
September 8th, 2007, 10:27
Resident Evil 4 is the BEST in the franchise so far and the nunchuk/wiimote combo is a great way to play it.