PDA

View Full Version : I bought this wii game from america but will it work on my australian nintendo wii?

Blah_Blah
September 8th, 2007, 07:57
can anyone plz help?:thumbup:
i bought pokemon battle revolution of ebay:D
but it said at the bottom format (US,canada). so will it work on my nintendo wii that i bought in australia:mad: plz god help because if it doesn't work my parents gonna kill me:eek:

Junixx
September 8th, 2007, 18:07
Erm... Sorry it won't unless you have some type of modchip to override the region-protection or whatever :(

XioN980
September 9th, 2007, 00:30
you really should have checked about regions first man, sorry, your putting a square peg in a round hole, a modchip will make the hole what you want it to be and if you've got the know how, YOU LIVE IN AUSTRALIA: Where Modders Live Free!

alexvander
September 9th, 2007, 02:40
as the others have said u need a modchip and by the way y did you buy and then ask if it will work it kinda makes more sence to ask first and save your cash

Blah_Blah
September 10th, 2007, 11:02
Erm... Sorry it won't unless you have some type of modchip to override the region-protection or whatever :(

ERRRRR...... where can buy one then:confused: or i'm going to go to hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll ll.plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz telllll me. not my fault asked my sis she said american games still work in on Australia nintendo wii. Holy moly i hate this. but is their a chance it might work?:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :( :( :( :( :( :(

bah
September 10th, 2007, 11:43
No, unless you get a modchip installed as others have said.

Blah_Blah
September 10th, 2007, 12:10
No, unless you get a modchip installed as others have said.

SO can't their be a 50% chance that it might work. if not were can i get this modchip and what kind of it and how do i install it plzz telll me :confused: :confused: nowwwwwwww:mad:

bah
September 10th, 2007, 13:55
Wii games are religion locked and you purchased a game from outside of your console's region, it wont work.

Try researching yourself: Google, yahoo, whatever.

Call your local modchip store and ask about them. Unless you have experience with soldering wires to PCBs with small gaps between traces you're not going to want to do it yourself.

Just buy a local copy of the game and mark it down as a learning experience.

Blah_Blah
September 11th, 2007, 11:15
Wii games are religion locked and you purchased a game from outside of your console's region, it wont work.

Try researching yourself: Google, yahoo, whatever.

Call your local modchip store and ask about them. Unless you have experience with soldering wires to PCBs with small gaps between traces you're not going to want to do it yourself.

Just buy a local copy of the game and mark it down as a learning experience.

Wooo hooo i don't need that theirs a program on the net that lets me do this without doing that mumbo jumbo all i have to do is get this dvd thingy that reads wii games and lets you play american games. and i bough t it yay:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :D :D :D

VampDude
September 22nd, 2007, 06:13
Wooo hooo i don't need that theirs a program on the net that lets me do this without doing that mumbo jumbo all i have to do is get this dvd thingy that reads wii games and lets you play american games. and i bough t it yay:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :D :D :D

What DVD thing?

There isn't a Free Loader (multi region game loader) for the Wii yet? :confused:

WhizzBang
September 22nd, 2007, 08:46
Wii games are religion locked ...

So you can't play a Jewish game on a Christian console, etc

bah
September 22nd, 2007, 15:15
Hahahahaha nice spotting, spell checkers do not fix all :)

ladiesman147
June 10th, 2008, 06:38
mate, i got the same problem and i got the same game from canada. Where did u get this dvd thing from??
plz help!!!!

JKKDARK
June 10th, 2008, 17:23
Get a Freeloader

margarete
December 8th, 2008, 04:28
ERRRRR...... where can buy one then:confused: or i'm going to go to hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll ll.plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz telllll me. not my fault asked my sis she said american games still work in on Australia nintendo wii. Holy moly i hate this. but is their a chance it might work?:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :( :( :( :( :( :(
Did you get it to work and if so what did you do Regards Margaret

ToJa92
December 8th, 2008, 16:01
If you have a modchip and HBC (homebrew channel), you can download GeckoOS which temporarily run the game as another region. It can also make it skip the update from the disc I think.