PDA

View Full Version : PSP 1.5 error

Vedran
June 30th, 2005, 03:23
I have a 1.50 PSP and I can't get any rom or homebrew that I've tried, to work. I downloaded a doom port, and also downloaded emulators for snes, nes and sega genesis. I downloaded KXploit Tool 0.3 but it hasn't worked for me. I've tried the instructions on this page, and many others over and over, but I still get the "An error has occurred generating the files." error. An attachment of my KXploit Tool 0.3 settings and the error message are in this message. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I can provide additional information if needed.
Thanks,
Vedran.

djrobx
June 30th, 2005, 03:27
Select a PBP file from your hard drive, not from the memory stick. It will create the PSP\GAME\DOOM-PSP folder for you if necessary.

Vedran
June 30th, 2005, 03:33
Thanks djrobx, I just tried it but no go... :(

Jdemon
June 30th, 2005, 03:54
Ummm...this topic should be "KXploit Error" not PSP 1.5 error...

Learn how to use PBP Unpacker and you don't need any "tools" trust me it's not brain surgery once you've learned how to do it.

CannedSoup
June 30th, 2005, 04:12
You need a folder on you C drived called "PSP" or in your case your G drive.

Vedran
June 30th, 2005, 06:48
I downloaded and install PBP Unpacker, and followed the tutorial that was included with KXploit. I did the tutorial about 5 times, and then tried some things of my own but I still had no luck. My icon is there on the PSP, underneath is a corrupted file, and when I try to run either I get "Cannot run this game, file is corrupted". I'm pretty sure I didn't mess anything up, and I tried formatting the memory stick in between retries. Again, I have PSP 1.50 and a Sony 32MB Memory Stick. Thanks,
-Vedran.

djrobx
June 30th, 2005, 07:23
Yes, make sure the PSP folder is there. It will create the GAME folder but not the PSP folder.

Perhaps you can try SEI's tool, it's a little nicer (leaves the original icons intact, with ability to hide corrupt folder) Maybe it'll give you a more descriptive error.

Vedran
June 30th, 2005, 07:30
Yes, I have the PSP folders.... G:\PSP and all of them. Including music, game, photo, savedata and game. I'll try the program you reccomend and let you know what happens.

Vedran
June 30th, 2005, 07:43
It works great! Sei's program is awesome! Thank you