PDA

View Full Version : The next DC MOD project..anyone have an Enterprise? Or something?

Cross
June 30th, 2005, 04:37
Ok, I love the Falcon Dreamcast and since it showed me that the D/C can be Overclocked (Which I am working on now) I have decided that at the speed i want I need a different case for cooling, etc.

I was thinking the Enterprise D toy that was sold awhile back...but I can not remember how big it was. I am open to most any idea as this system is strictly for D/C Homebrew not really D/C games. (As noted in my other post I have got a few electronics friends in the Military working on finding the voltage source/controller for the CPU in the D/C, hopefully it will go well they got the D/C I had for them today).

So I guess I wanted to see what the rest of you thought. I just want want to use a case that’s a little different. I know a few ppl requested the Enterprise and Since Star Wars and Star Trek TNG are two of my Favorites I was thinking that the Enterprise might be a good one to try. I can not really think of any other big toys/models...not that grab my atten. A KITT (Knight Rider) D/C would be cool but I do not know of any KITT Toys or Models at all for that matter... So I am open to anything. Cooling will be done by heatsinks from either a laptop or Macintosh G3 Heatsinks and case fan placing.

On the Enterprise I remember that toy being a little small and was trying to think where to put everything....The power supply would have to be outside the toy of that much I was pretty sure. I was hoping the Lower Section of the D was wide enough for the Main board....but if not maybe using mini cd's since I have no real plans of running games other then homebrew....But then dealing with the CD Drive handling the smaller ones with the larger track already in place...it will want to use the full track every time it starts up so it has to be clear from any obstacles which makes it have to go in the Top "Saucer Section". I was thinking that the Ports could go in the Warp Nacelles. For lighting that should not be to hard once everything else is in place....it would be great if I could make the Phaser Banks on top Light up as well as the Array on the bottom section. (warp Nacelles a given there lol)..

Well anyway those are my thoughts but again anything is ok...I just want to get started on something since this project should be interesting...and long.

Thanks for any help guys!!

Onetonbullet
June 30th, 2005, 05:45
What better case for cooling than a PC case? There was a guy not to long ago that put an XBOX in a PC case...I think a DC in a pc case would be rad...

Cross
June 30th, 2005, 06:42
Hmm, maybe a slim line case like the Dell/IBM or sim models. I don't want anything to big though....I like that idea though. So theres another option should someone have one!