PDA

View Full Version : Bought a new Xbox 360....and theres problems.....already

Man
September 9th, 2007, 01:46
So i bought my new xbox 360, for 400$ with 6 games and two controllers, btw thats not the point, i want to update the system so i can watch media off an external drive, but, my xbox live wont work is there anyway that you can download the update ?

VampDude
September 9th, 2007, 01:50
So i bought my new xbox 360, for 400$ with 6 games and two controllers, btw thats not the point, i want to update the system so i can watch media off an external drive, but, my xbox live wont work is there anyway that you can download the update ?

You can always try and connect to a PC ???

Man
September 9th, 2007, 01:52
how do you update through a PC ?

alexvander
September 9th, 2007, 01:58
if you bought it used the xbox could have been banned for some reason like a mod or somethin else

VampDude
September 9th, 2007, 02:00
how do you update through a PC ?

Because you can possibly download the files you need and then upload them to your Xbox ???

steve520
September 9th, 2007, 02:08
that sucks for real but have u tried xlink kai its free and u can create an account i think. but otherwise try vampdudes suggestion.

Man
September 9th, 2007, 02:30
Thats the thing, dont know where to download the update, because you can download a backwards compatibility update, and the burn it to a CD, but i cant find anything else

DarthPaul
September 9th, 2007, 02:56

I bought one for $400 with 5 games,2 wireless controllers and 2 head-sets no too long ago. :)
By the way that's not the point. I had the same problem as you the first day I turned it on. All I did was change the IP Address that the Xbox was using from my router's configuration panel,restart it,and booyah! But I don't know if it is your problem. I hope it is. :(

Man
September 9th, 2007, 03:29
How do you change the ip addy of the xbox 360 from the routers controll panel, i thought you could only change ip settings on the xbox itself. If you could give me a detailed explanation that would be great! iv had the marketplace work on my old xbox 360, but never xbox live, i just want to update my system to play media.

BrooksyX
September 9th, 2007, 07:00
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/console/systemupdates.htm

Here is the latest kernal for the US xbox 360, I am guessing its the same for Canada. There is a link to the download near the bottom of the page.

Man
September 10th, 2007, 02:54
I tried what you said, and the disk keeps on coming up as mixed media, and it wont work regardless of what i do, i have searched the internet, but to no avail, it seems like no one has been able to get these stupid updates to work at all, and i called customer support and the guy made a case file thingy, but still, i cant get it to work, if somebody with an xbox 360 could try and get this to work, that would be really cool.

BrooksyX
September 10th, 2007, 04:47
I have one but it has the latest kernal on it and I updated on xbox live. I am sure Halo 3 will probably require the latest kernel to run, so it will probably be included on the disc. ( I assume u will be getting Halo 3, its the main reason to own an xbox 360)

Man
September 10th, 2007, 11:19
Ya it should be on the halo 3 disk, and i guess ill jkust have to wait. There was no update on the F**KING halo 3 disk !!!!