PDA

View Full Version : Neogeo Cd Psp Emulator

q-live
June 30th, 2005, 18:32
ok... from what i understand is with a neo geo cd rom i have to unzip the bin files to another zip folder to play????? if so how do i do that.... i am trying to use iso buster and all it keeps saying is track one is inside...... i cant extract no info and if i do it comes out in a .tao file..... can anyone help me???? and when are they gonna update this thing to play more games

rest05
June 30th, 2005, 18:50
where did u get the neogeo cd from? what site?

Cap'n 1time
June 30th, 2005, 21:05
where did u get the neogeo cd from? what site?

where did "u" get the warez from? what site?

idiot.

dadrester
June 30th, 2005, 23:43
ok... from what i understand is with a neo geo cd rom i have to unzip the bin files to another zip folder to play????? if so how do i do that.... i am trying to use iso buster and all it keeps saying is track one is inside...... i cant extract no info and if i do it comes out in a .tao file..... can anyone help me???? and when are they gonna update this thing to play more games

i just used winrar to extract the track1.iso to a new folder then zipped the contents of the folder. that worked fine for me. (make sure you zip only the contents not the folder itself). if you want multiple games saved on the memory stick just create separate folders for each game and put the emu files in each one. that's how mine's set up., plus I've edited all the eboot's so i can tell the difference, but i think someone's done a file selector now.

hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting this

q-live
July 1st, 2005, 03:44
well winrar doesnt open bin files..... i tried that..... so will iso buster do or do i need to get another program.

Cap'n 1time
July 1st, 2005, 05:37
winrar and iso buster are just for iso's. i dont think you can get into bin files... your out of luck. guess you have to go download some more warez huh?

on second though, you could use somthing like daemon tools or some form of cdrom drive emulation and just extract what you want.

q-live
July 1st, 2005, 05:47
i actually dl and try to play with dameon tools last nite but it didnt work.... it just sits in my toolbar...... did i use it wrong????? and i thought u could open a bin file...... never heard of that before

Cap'n 1time
July 1st, 2005, 05:55
try alcohol 120%. explore the cdrom directory once you have mounted the image and grab what you need.

q-live
July 1st, 2005, 06:10
try alcohol 120%. explore the cdrom directory once you have mounted the image and grab what you need.

ok can u walk me thru this process.... i just mounted the image but still cant get it open

q-live
July 1st, 2005, 06:12
Dam.... Why Do I Have To Go Thru All Of This Just To Play Neo Geo Games.... Why Cant The Emulator Just Play The Roms Like They Are????? I Been Trying To Open These .bin Files For Like 2 Days Now

ProphetZG
July 1st, 2005, 06:52
Why Do I Have To Go Thru All Of This Just To Play Neo Geo Games.... Why Cant The Emulator Just Play The Roms Like They Are?????

1) The PSP doesn't have a enough RAM to load most of the later (i.e. good) NeoGeo games, so an AES/MVS emulator isn't terribly feasible and would be much harder to do.

2) NeoGeo CD games are designed to work in a small RAM space by loading the games in small chunks. Perfect match for the PSP.

3) You don't have "to go through all this" - if it's too hard, just don't bother. When you're getting things for free, it's silly to complain.

Cap'n 1time
July 1st, 2005, 18:44
go to my computer and right click the virtual drive. click explore.

its not a rom either, dont say that.

vagabond1
July 2nd, 2005, 03:04
Why Do I Have To Go Thru All Of This Just To Play Neo Geo Games.... Why Cant The Emulator Just Play The Roms Like They Are?????

1) The PSP doesn't have a enough RAM to load most of the later (i.e. good) NeoGeo games, so an AES/MVS emulator isn't terribly feasible and would be much harder to do.

2) NeoGeo CD games are designed to work in a small RAM space by loading the games in small chunks. Perfect match for the PSP.

3) You don't have "to go through all this" - if it's too hard, just don't bother. When you're getting things for free, it's silly to complain.
Are you an actual programmer?

I remember playing Neo Geo games with a 32MB computer in NeoRageX. Even King of Fighters 99 worked well in that setup. I'm not sure of the overhead the loaders +the NeoGeo emu would consume, but HLE would pose little problem so I've heard in Neo Geo emulation on the PSP. The problem comes in when coders don't use HLE because there hasn't been a great need to in the past.

The Neo Geo system utilized way less than 8MB. Using HLE, drawing needed data from a mounted ROM on the memstick, you'd be able to load considerably-sized roms on the PSP, right? (I'm not saying KOF2003, but more along the lines of SamSho4, or decrypted/test/prototype roms).