PDA

View Full Version : uo_Snes9x for PSP 0.02y17

wraggster
June 30th, 2005, 22:18
Y of PSP Wiki has released another new version of his Unnofficial Port of Snes 9x for the PSP. Heres whats new

– Addition of picture mode
– Wallpaper correspondence of menu picture
– Detailed correction

Download from here --> <a href="http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/unofficialsnes9xpsp.shtml">http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/unofficialsnes9xpsp.shtml</a>

Thanks to Y for the release.

Cap'n 1time
June 30th, 2005, 22:25
not quite the speed release we've been wanting since 15, but some nice additions in this one.

Chrone
July 1st, 2005, 00:37
Needs:

Hi-res text support for translated roms like Seiken Densetsu 3.

Better sound support for roms like Final Fantasy 3, well sound support PERIOD because sound in this game is incredibly screwed up. Not sure what specifically causes this problem, but probably something to do with higher quality sound.

Obviously speed increase, not #1 on the list but a long-term goal.

ProphetZG
July 1st, 2005, 01:33
The fact that work continues is what matters. I've never seen so many emus progress so fast on a handheld as what's happened on PSP.

Just imagine where emus will be in 6 months. And 6 months after that. Not to mention cool homebrew games and ports that may happen. :)

Riotz
July 1st, 2005, 03:27
You read my mind ProphetZG, I am very very sure the people who work on these emulators KNOW what NEEDS to be fixed. THey are doing what they can when they can how they can so lets just give them some space to dev it up. I just wish I could help them in some way. I'll be continuing my quest into PMF files and developing theme packs for the various emulators. Thats how I intend to suport the scene. If everyone pitched in some skill they have to the scene who knows what we can accomplish.

®eddragon
July 1st, 2005, 04:15
You all take things for granted. "Oh well, it doesn't have the best sound or sd33p @_o. Durr"

Updates are coming in everyday. So that means 1 or 3 things are added. Don't think like great speed and 100% great emulator will be here the next day! Hackers and programmers have lives to you know?
Yes its nice that we have support for more games. But it does not mean you can just pop reply a Error or something like speed isn't working. The programmer knows about this. And we don't need to hear your spam and cons about it. Go outside and run around for a couple weeks.

dgbbad
July 1st, 2005, 04:24
how do i use the new features? the picture stuffs and whatnot?

oh and how do i zip up my roms and make em work on the emulator?

Cap'n 1time
July 1st, 2005, 05:56
how do i use the new features? the picture stuffs and whatnot?

oh and how do i zip up my roms and make em work on the emulator?

the first step is hitting yourself in the head with a hammer. come back when you have done that.

Omatic
July 1st, 2005, 06:10
Well seriously, how do we access the menu and stuff?

Edit: Found it. Read the instructions, like a good boy should. You press the analog stick left.

Cross
July 1st, 2005, 06:37
I donate my skill of testing and keeping my rom and EMU list as up to date as possible

Emulator and Rom Page (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7353)

djrobx
July 1st, 2005, 06:44
The frameskip is back to its old behavior (where autoframeskip isn't as intelligent as it should be). In 15 you could set it at say, 9 and it would render as many frames as the speed of the PSP could handle.

dgbbad
July 1st, 2005, 06:53
where are the instructions? ive searched like crazy. could i get some help? a link perhaps? or an explination maybe? thx

ganon
July 1st, 2005, 11:44
i guess Y is waiting for the source of the official 0.3 snes9x so he can implement more speed

Puerrican718
July 1st, 2005, 16:20
i was always wondering why the name had 0.02 still in it. Not to criticize his work cuz i love it :D If only devs would work together. 2 great minds are better then one.