PDA

View Full Version : Atrac3

Jdemon
July 1st, 2005, 01:22
********************DISCLAIMER********************

This is an AS IS post so don't start asking me 80 questions about "how do I do this or that", "how come I can't...", "etc.."
I don't intend to be mean by saying that but I'm no pro on any of this. I know there are some of you out there that have been trying to figure this one out too. Proceed at your own risk :cool:

What you will need:
atrac3 Codec > http://www.minidisc.org/atrac3.zip
AudioGrabber 1.83 (free) http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/download.html
A wav file which has been encoded at 44,100hz, 16 Bit, Stereo, PCM
**you may be able to use MP3's too but I haven't tried it**

Install AudioGrabber 1.83
Extract atrac3.zip / Right-click on atrac3.inf and "Install"

Start up AudioGrabber
Select the MP3 Settings
Wav file should be selected under 'Grab to:' Leave it that way
On the Internal Encoder you should see 'ATRAC3 Audio Codec' in the pulldown bar, select it.
In 'Mode' you can also select a kbps rate
Click OK

Under General Settings (at the top) you may also want to select
an output folder.

Now drag and drop your Wav file into the big window and a pop-up will ask you to "Select what to do"
Select "Create MP3" (but it won't be an MP3 it will be a wav)
Now go to your output folder and you will see the file you've created
You will want to rename this SND0.AT3

You can use the file in your gamesaves folders or in a pbp file, but so far that's all I've checked.

ATRAC3 Audio Codec doesn't show in the pulldown bar... Do we need to reboot before using it?

Cap'n 1time
July 1st, 2005, 02:27
works like a charm. thanks jde.

Jdemon
July 1st, 2005, 02:27
I'm on XP and I didn't have to, but you might want to check it and see that it is installed. Control Panel>Sounds and Devices>Hardware>Audio Codecs>Properties(properties)> you should get a listing. If ATRAC3 isn't listed there I'm assuming it didn't install for some reason..maybe a re-boot on other OS. :o not sure...

I'm on XP and I didn't have to, but you might want to check it and see that it is installed. Control Panel>Sounds and Devices>Hardware>Audio Codecs>Properties(properties)> you should get a listing. If ATRAC3 isn't listed there I'm assuming it didn't install for some reason..maybe a re-boot on other OS. :o not sure...

Removed it and reinstalled the codec. Works now, so I'm gonna test out this method ;)

EDIT: Hmm.. For some reason, I can't get it to work for me.. I converted it and everything, yet the sound doesn't play. Oh well.

Riotz
July 1st, 2005, 03:45
EXCELLENT!!! You just gave me half the info I needed to do the work I am doing. Now I need info on those PESKY PMF files ^^ Thanks again great post!

Jdemon
July 1st, 2005, 04:12
I've tried to open PMF files with just about every vid/graphic type program I can think of...:rolleyes: so far nothing :confused:

nexis2600
July 1st, 2005, 17:32
someone test this with ATV. This means we might be able to use custom sound tracks in atv. WOOOOOOOOT

shizzle
July 1st, 2005, 18:06
whats the point in atrac3, is it much smaller audio or something

Jdemon
July 1st, 2005, 19:05
It's quite a bit smaller than Mp3 or wav files. This is the format that PSP uses for gamesaves and emu's can use in the icon (PBP) file. Like if you use PSPersonalize that little soundfile that says "PSP! :)" when you stop on the icon.

One thing I'd like to figure out is how to get the files so they will loop like most savefiles do...I hope I get a chance to mess around with this some more over the weekend.

Jdemon
July 3rd, 2005, 14:22
Anyone figure out anything else? I haven't had time to play around with this since I last posted :( hopefully tonight or tomorrow I will get a chance.

ganon
July 3rd, 2005, 14:33
i noticed that the custom gb pmf (lugia) from dual scene has an atrac file that loops

ganon
July 6th, 2005, 01:55
I couldnt get mine to play the sound for some reason

nmn
October 17th, 2005, 00:37
THATS SO DAMN COOL!

I had NO IDEA i could play the format too! This made my day. And TOTALLY kicks ass. I thought, at first, it was spitting out normal wavs. Then, i tried to play them to see if i was right. It played. But, i came to find out how cool it really was when i found it in my list of WAV codecs. Thats cool. Dude.. I will never get over this. Dude. Wicked. :)

DewDude
December 3rd, 2005, 13:43
You can't do stuff like this that way tho:

http://theaudioshack.net/pspnirvanasmall.jpg

Jman0708
December 3rd, 2005, 22:59
no point to program but w.e

Quaife
October 24th, 2006, 01:49
hmm i followed this word to word, but after audiograbber finishes i just have an extra wav file not AT3

*edit* opps, didn't realise how old this thread is... is there a easier way to do this now?

Mr. Shizzy
October 24th, 2006, 09:31
I just use GoldWav, and shadow-evillink's tut. Works for me. :D Link to shadow-evillink's AT3 tut here:

AT3 TUTORIAL (http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-mods-media-18/t-how-to-make-at3s-tutorial-by-shadow-evillink-39456.html)

Quaife
October 24th, 2006, 13:44
ok thanks alot

canadajames
May 27th, 2007, 20:22
********************DISCLAIMER********************

This is an AS IS post so don't start asking me 80 questions about "how do I do this or that", "how come I can't...", "etc.."
I don't intend to be mean by saying that but I'm no pro on any of this. I know there are some of you out there that have been trying to figure this one out too. Proceed at your own risk :cool:

What you will need:
atrac3 Codec > http://www.minidisc.org/atrac3.zip
AudioGrabber 1.83 (free) http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/download.html
A wav file which has been encoded at 44,100hz, 16 Bit, Stereo, PCM
**you may be able to use MP3's too but I haven't tried it**

Install AudioGrabber 1.83
Extract atrac3.zip / Right-click on atrac3.inf and "Install"

Start up AudioGrabber
Select the MP3 Settings
Wav file should be selected under 'Grab to:' Leave it that way
On the Internal Encoder you should see 'ATRAC3 Audio Codec' in the pulldown bar, select it.
In 'Mode' you can also select a kbps rate
Click OK

Under General Settings (at the top) you may also want to select
an output folder.

Now drag and drop your Wav file into the big window and a pop-up will ask you to "Select what to do"
Select "Create MP3" (but it won't be an MP3 it will be a wav)
Now go to your output folder and you will see the file you've created
You will want to rename this SND0.AT3

You can use the file in your gamesaves folders or in a pbp file, but so far that's all I've checked.

Just wondering if you knew how to make it loop becuase all that happens to me is it plays once then cuts out?