PDA

View Full Version : New Account Guideline

Kaiser
September 11th, 2007, 19:12
Normal users cannot have alternate accounts unless they are given specific permission from the Senior Staff or Admin team. If another account is discovered the user's alternate account will be banned and an infraction will be placed on his original account. The size of said infraction would be determined by the staff members own judgement.

Obviously we aren't going to go on a witch hunt for alternate accounts, in fact we will probably only make a big deal about it when a certain amount of abuse has taken place.

Vampbri-n and Gold Line are the first to be temp banned because of this. They will be back, in time. Safari Al and swimkid has been released of their bans. They haven't been proven to be alternate accounts. The bannings were a precautionary action while we investigated the matter.

Amnesty will be given to those who admit their alternate accounts.

splodger15
September 11th, 2007, 19:38
I heard you have another account

JPJunkie
September 11th, 2007, 19:48
What if someone else who you shared a computer with wanted to create an account?

Because you would have the same ip so it would look like a multiple account as I might soon be in this situation although I could just share this 1 account:(

Then it would seem like I had a split personality lol

SnesR0X
September 11th, 2007, 20:16
I heard you have another account

It was a joke account, and he only posted in junk so nobody cared. He is also my LORD

Shadowblind
September 11th, 2007, 20:36
Yep, I used to have another Klonoa account. I came back to my senses before I activated it though, so its kinda gone before it came.

Safari Al
September 11th, 2007, 20:43
Thank you very much kaiser i promise it wont happen again. I was stupid tet involved in this mess and man it feels good to be back :thumbsup:

I hope everyone forgives me.

dejkirkby
September 11th, 2007, 20:50
My missus has an account, and we use several machines on the same network. I hope I ain't gonna get infractions for this.

VampDude
September 11th, 2007, 20:50
What if someone else who you shared a computer with wanted to create an account?

Because you would have the same ip so it would look like a multiple account as I might soon be in this situation although I could just share this 1 account :(

Then it would seem like I had a split personality lol

lol, also if you share a wireless network with somebody they show as the same IP as yourself which is funny as I am the only one in this household (and on my wireless network) who is allowed a DCEmu account! (which is funny as hell) lmao :p

steve520
September 11th, 2007, 21:02
I knew my work payed off finally me and iCE finally got u unbanned al.

Buddy4point0
September 11th, 2007, 21:04
well, im getting my brother into psp homebrew, so naturally he will have the same ip as me, when/if he makes an account would u like me to send u a pm about it?

Safari Al
September 11th, 2007, 21:23
I knew my work payed off finally me and iCE finally got u unbanned al.

yeah you and chameleon and ice really helped me a ton and i owe you ll a lot:o

Swimkid
September 11th, 2007, 22:37
Thanx for Unbanning me guys! Much appreciated.

cal360
September 11th, 2007, 22:40
Welcome back you two I knew you were different people.

By the way Kaiser would you be able to change my name slightly, is that possible.

quzar
September 11th, 2007, 22:46
yeah you and chameleon and ice really helped me a ton and i owe you ll a lot:o

Actually all their pestering mostly served only to annoy us. I reccomend against mass staff spamming to acheive anything.

Safari Al
September 12th, 2007, 00:15
Actually all their pestering mostly served only to annoy us. I reccomend against mass staff spamming to acheive anything.

So how should we get our ideas across to the mods in the event of a ban?

Buddy4point0
September 12th, 2007, 00:52

By the way Kaiser would you be able to change my name slightly, is that possible.

pm him and ask.

and did u see my question?

well, im getting my brother into psp homebrew, so naturally he will have the same ip as me, when/if he makes an account would u like me to send u a pm about it?

steve520
September 12th, 2007, 01:04
good always glad to annoy you j/p i just wanted a friend back. and nobody seem to think al was a different person.

quzar
September 12th, 2007, 02:49

Don't get banned. You two were supposed to end up with temp bans (which I'm sure were paid during the breif perm ban) for sheer stupidity after we were told of the situation. The following days of unending PMs and pestering did not further you cause at all.

Shadowblind
September 12th, 2007, 03:59
I suppose the best way to avoid a ban...is really, to just follow the common rules. No spamming, no Rom-ing, no fighting, ya know. Now, making multiple accounts S a common rule. So just live it by the fact

1) It really is for the better in the long run. Having the same person for about 12 accounts really gives you just a false feeling, like they are just hollow...
2) You can't change the law, but you can mold yourself to obey it.

Kaiser
September 12th, 2007, 04:03

PM Me.

PM us beforehand and it will be noted and allowed.

One PM sent to a staff member involved in the incident should suffice.

lmtlmt
September 12th, 2007, 06:13
hhhmmm i wonder what happened to jack skellington?

Buddy4point0
September 12th, 2007, 21:03
hhhmmm i wonder what happened to jack skellington?

LOL
VAMPDUDE = BANNED

Shrygue
September 12th, 2007, 21:30
Hmm...yes that's right, he did use the jack_skellington account to get round a ban back somewhere in January - until someone found out a month later and took it out.

VampDude
September 12th, 2007, 21:36
It wasn't originally an account for me (it wasn't even on any of my email accounts - which sucked) and theres a rule of only one account per household/IP, but I ended up using it on the computer in the next room quite frequently :D

http://static.twoday.net/idoru/images/jack_skellington.jpg

lol, I even made a South Park character for dear old Jack! :rofl:

Hmm...yes that's right, he did use the jack_skellington account to get round a ban back somewhere in January - until someone found out a month later and took it out.

I believe it was created before a ban? I'll go ask.

gdf
September 12th, 2007, 22:11
Wasn't it during your ban for unyielding racism against Germans?

OOOH! I just dropped you in it (again).

Shrygue
September 12th, 2007, 22:24
Oh God let's not start that again, I certainly remember that.

Anyway, let's all keep on topic folks.

quzar
September 12th, 2007, 22:52
I believe it was created before a ban? I'll go ask.

Yes, but after the ban, you used it to circumvent the ban.

VampDude
September 12th, 2007, 23:28
Wasn't it during your ban for unyielding racism against Germans?

OOOH! I just dropped you in it (again).

Shut up, and no it wasn't it was after (I believe - since it wasn't my account like I already said - which I was offline that whole week that I was banned). And I don't feel I was racist towards Germans, I just stated that some people in Germany still follow the Nazi's - which are actually Neo Nazi's mostly in Eastern Germany and gathering all over Europe, Google it (it's in this years news quite a bit over the past 3 years and quite a lot recently) or just read these recent stories [1] (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2295519.ece) [2] (http://www2.irna.ir/en/news/view/menu-234/0709070970184029.htm) [3] (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/09/09/AR2007090900494.html) (which [2] (http://www2.irna.ir/en/news/view/menu-234/0709070970184029.htm) actually clears me of anything I said on the matter back in January - I was banned before I got my say of what it was I actually meant)...

...And what did you drop me in again? Your all talk aren't you, and a shit stirer to boot!

Anyway, let's all keep on topic folks.

Yes, back on topic...

...One account per household/per person/per IP/etc, but what about if you use a shared public computer and someone else here has used it beforehand?

Yes, but after the ban, you used it to circumvent the ban.

I never used it during a ban.

Swimkid
September 12th, 2007, 23:35
Someone tell SnesROX to get off my back. He thinks Im Vampbri-n among other things and IM NOT. So if someone could help with this harrasement, it'd be much appreciated.

VampDude
September 12th, 2007, 23:37
Someone tell SnesROX to get off my back. He thinks Im Vampbri-n among other things and IM NOT. So if someone could help with this harrasement, it'd be much appreciated.

Dude, tell it to a member of staff. By posting it publicly your bound to start a flame war (because people here can be idiots), I know your not Vampbri-n.

SnesR0X
September 12th, 2007, 23:39

Why not tell me directly yourself?

Swimkid
September 12th, 2007, 23:41
I have. Seriously though. Bug off.

SnesR0X
September 12th, 2007, 23:44
I have. Seriously though. Bug off.

Alright then Mr. Touchy, Just posting what steve520 said.

Swimkid
September 12th, 2007, 23:46
Thanx. I've only been here for a few months and I've been flamed and framed. So I'd like to be just a regular user.

SnesR0X
September 12th, 2007, 23:48
Sorry, I'm not flaming you, but I don't think it was a smart idea to do that. Unless you tell me someone esle did?

Swimkid
September 13th, 2007, 00:01
To do what?

SnesR0X
September 13th, 2007, 00:04
steve520 said you were the one who went on vampbri-n's account and flamed people, as I said earlier. Who was it?

Shadowblind
September 13th, 2007, 00:04
...flame war (because people here can be idiots), I know your not Vampbri-n.

Boy ain't that the truth. People really do need to start worrying about themselves and not others.

Heres to ending the unneeded:

Swimkid does not = Vampbri-n
Safari Al does not equal Vambri-n.

'Ight? I don't even know why Vampbri-n was banned...

Swimkid
September 13th, 2007, 00:13
I saw the whole thing after it was locked. And I really have no idea who did it Snes. Vampbri-n I guess. I didn't know him THAT well. It probably was him though.

lolmaster
September 13th, 2007, 00:56
ermm..

Who cares what some guy from canada is telling u to do on a forum. your ur own people and can do whatever the hell u want.

that kaiser dude seems to think he ownz u guys.

i think life is bigger than some forum trying to control u

Swimkid
September 13th, 2007, 01:01
Our lives don't REVOLVE around this site. It's just a way to talk about hings we like with other people from around the world anonymously. And whats with the "guy from Canada" comment?

lolmaster
September 13th, 2007, 01:04
well u guyz mak it sound like ur livez revolve around it. like i mean appologzin for makin another account is pretty gay.

who gives a ****,seriosuly

VampDude
September 13th, 2007, 01:05
ermm..

Who cares what some guy from canada is telling u to do on a forum. your ur own people and can do whatever the hell u want.

that kaiser dude seems to think he ownz u guys.

i think life is bigger than some forum trying to control u

Ummm yeah, whatever dude...

...If that's all you signed up to post then you will soon be gone, because if you haven't noticed Kaiser is an admin and one of the best admin on the admin team and nobody talks that way about him (or a member of staff) that way.

lolmaster
September 13th, 2007, 01:11
Ummm yeah, whatever dude...

...If that's all you signed up to post then you will soon be gone, because if you haven't noticed Kaiser is an admin and one of the best admin on the admin team and nobody talks that way about him (or a member of staff) that way.

lol i browz da site vry day, bt registrd cus i thugt tha was totaly gay.

this is a great site, but sum of u seem a bit power crzy. no 1 on a form can tell u what to do.

i rembr ages ago when "kaiser" said u were all "unsuitble" for a rep system. lk wtf, how can he judg u and brand u as "unsuitible"

sum1 needs a reality check, ur not president of da internet dude

Safari Al
September 13th, 2007, 01:13

this is a great site, but sum of u seem a bit power crzy. no 1 on a form can tell u what to do.

i rembr ages ago when "kaiser" said u were all "unsuitble" for a rep system. lk wtf, how can he judg u and brand u as "unsuitible"

listen, this is not your site. when you signed up for this site you agreed to abide by dcemu's rules. They can do whatever they want and if you dont like it....leave.

Buddy4point0
September 13th, 2007, 01:15
well u guyz mak it sound like ur livez revolve around it. like i mean appologzin for makin another account is pretty gay.

who gives a ****,seriosuly

bought to get banned, plus my guess is that thats an alternate account of someone. and this is th alternate account thread too lol. prolly were smart and changed there ip or something though

lolmaster
September 13th, 2007, 01:16
listen, this is not your site. when you signed up for this site you agreed to abide by dcemu's rules. They can do whatever they want and if you dont like it....leave.

lol

i didnt see anythin in da rules sayin sum dude from canada could control my online life and brand me "unsuitible" :rolleyes:

VampDude
September 13th, 2007, 01:20

And that's the only reason you signed up?

Nobody is power crazy here, some people seem to think that they are better than others and then some like to intervene when they see something out've place or needs correcting - but not power crazy.

The "REP" system got out've hand, the "REP" system resulted in certain members getting insultive messages from other members and such (mainly because of clubs).

I never said I was, and by the way your spelling and grammar is horrible (no offense).

lolmaster
September 13th, 2007, 01:22
i waznt onabout u, kaiser is who.

and iv seen hundrds of sitez runnin rep systems wit no probs

lolmaster
September 13th, 2007, 01:30
lolz, anywz im off nw.

gd lk

Buddy4point0
September 13th, 2007, 01:50
lolz, anywz im off nw.

gd lk

lol lolmaster is lolbanned

VampDude
September 13th, 2007, 01:52
lol lolmaster is lolbanned

Thanks to BlueCrab (I think), I reported lolmaster about 3 times here and then I told BlueCrab via DCEmu's IRC channel :)

SnesR0X
September 13th, 2007, 02:14
who was it? just some random idiot?

VampDude
September 13th, 2007, 02:20
who was it? just some random idiot?

Just someone (random) who signed up to cause trouble (thou he knew quite a bit before making an argument).

[01:42] <BlueCrab> and yes, he did seem to join just to stir trouble
[01:43] <BlueCrab> fortunately enough, he wasn't an alias for someone else (at least not that I could tell)

Shadowblind
September 13th, 2007, 02:25

Did anyone catch what in san-he** this guy just said? to poke fun at someone is 1 thing, but to typ evry wrd lik ths just shows that someone needs his English course.

Admin = Dont mess with them

You'd be wise to learn that befor--- oh wait, nevermind, too late.

VampDude
September 13th, 2007, 02:37
Did anyone catch what in san-he** this guy just said? to poke fun at someone is 1 thing, but to typ evry wrd lik ths just shows that someone needs his English course.

Admin = Dont mess with them

You'd be wise to learn that befor--- oh wait, nevermind, too late.

I had trouble reading what he wrote, it took me some time to clearly read and understand what it was he actually typed (I was going to re-type it all and quote him) lol :)

And Admin's aren't to be messed with, cause they will mess with you! :D

steve520
September 13th, 2007, 03:16
good job vampdude getting that little punk banned that loser.

DarthPaul
September 13th, 2007, 03:27
Lol everyone is being banned this days!

What's with that? Like a new fashion? I wanna get banned too! I wanna be cool.. -_-

VampDude
September 13th, 2007, 03:29
good job vampdude getting that little punk banned that loser.

I think he was getting banned anyway, cause he barely even made his first post without trying to cause trouble...

...He's permanently banned, which is a good thing! :p

steve520
September 13th, 2007, 03:32
darthpaul its totally in style and all the rage. duh like totally.

damn i sound like a valley girl.

VampDude
September 13th, 2007, 03:44
Lol everyone is being banned this days!

What's with that? Like a new fashion? I wanna get banned too! I wanna be cool.. -_-

If you wanna be banned too, post loads've rude pictures to an admins inbox...

...I'm sure they will ban you for a week, so you can be cool! :p

I've been banned twice on a 7 day ban, it's rather boring thou not being able to do anything here - not even be able to read the site news and stuff.

DarthPaul
September 13th, 2007, 03:48
darthpaul its totally in style and all the rage. duh like totally.

damn i sound like a valley girl.

Hahaha I know.

Hey guys I know something.

I want to confess that I have another account. It's getting boring to post on that account. I don't spam with it though...
Let's play a game, please administrators don't cheat, people don't look up for my IP Address! I just want to know how smart or good you are , can someone guess what's my other account? Because no one really had an idea about that... I think?:D

Chameleon
September 13th, 2007, 03:57
OMG your "The Ex" arent you... i knew it!!!

DarthPaul
September 13th, 2007, 04:01
Can I get banned for this? Then I'll be real cool. :cool:

Shadowblind
September 13th, 2007, 05:09
:rofl:

This is turning into such a JUNK thread, good show!

VampDude
September 13th, 2007, 13:48
Hahaha I know.

Hey guys I know something.

I want to confess that I have another account. It's getting boring to post on that account. I don't spam with it though...
Let's play a game, please administrators don't cheat, people don't look up for my IP Address! I just want to know how smart or good you are , can someone guess what's my other account? Because no one really had an idea about that... I think?:D

Can I get banned for this? Then I'll be real cool. :cool:

If you want to get banned for it, go and ask Kaiser as I'm sure he will help you obtain your status of being cool.

---

And a note to everyone else, please stop junking up this thread. It wasn't made to be junked!

Mark30001
September 13th, 2007, 16:38
And to end this thread, the DCEmu UK - Rules, Ranks and Guidelines have been updated as of today:
http://dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/announcement.php?f=112&a=4